3DR Out of Stock for Solo and Gimbal

Do we have to start worrying about this?
I know rumors are only rumors, but could this lack of Gimbal be caused by their financial situation?
I chatted to them last night too bt they are not even able to give a rough idea on when the Gimbals will be available....

The gimbal is the most fragile thing on the Solo. It could easily fail or get damaged. I'm just buying a second backup gimbal. It's $175 brand new on Amazon. That way if mine is screwed up, either by accident or a warranty claim, I'm not out of service for months.

No factories were "shut down" - 3DR didn't own any factories. They outsourced production like most electronic companies do. Like Apple using Foxconn in China to manufacture "designed in California" smartphones and tablets using children and slave-like working conditions to the point some of their "workers" jump off of buildings to kill themselves to end it all.

What happened after the Foxconn suicides

Well, sorry if some of you feel mislead by my post. I was just writing what I was told.

Ugh.. I got this for the fact that it will be supported for time to come.. Here it is a year later and now they look to be done. What happened with props (i am still on the original ones) but if it crashes here a month or 2 from now will we be able to get new props?
Several other makers of Solo props available.

Reactions: cameraguy
Who else makes Solo Props?

Links if possible please!
https://www.amazon.com/3DRobotics-P...qid=1472663506&sr=8-1&keywords=3dr+solo+props
Just ordered 3 sets.
all the gimbals you want.
All the Solo's you need!

3DR will have replacement units, parts & service for at least another year!
When 3DR is ready to drop Solo "& they will", there will be notice to ALL buyers that production has stopped, Parts & services may be limited.
3DR are not STUPID people, they will NOT leave themselves open to LAWSUITS.

Think before you type...LOL

Also, with all their other discontinued products, they make the CAD files available for 3rd part manufacture and 3D printing.

Just to "pile on", I was told the same thing both by the CS rep handling my RMA replacement and in chat. They claimed that they were out of stock on new gimbals (I doubt that) and replacements. They indicated they were waiting on more to be manufactured. They also indicated I was getting a new gimbal unit, and didn't indicate either way on the Solo vehicle, which leads me to believe it's a reconditioned unit.

It's standard practice for companies to do this, though I think it sucks for a unit that crashed in just over 1 month of ownership to get less than the new vehicle I had... but one can argue "like new" condition. But it's also standard practice for most companies to issue reconditioned stock first for replacements, and move on to regular stock should an issue like "shortage" arise. That's why their replacement/warranty documentation usually indicates *may* be replaced with reconditioned units or similar language.

Where I think 3DR is really failing here is Customer Service. I've been without mine for a month... just over actually. I'm close to being without it as long as I had it. I'm missing the awesome time-lapse of my house being built that I was working on and all that goes with not having it. But in the end, all of these types of customer stories should have 3DR taking action on that massive amounts of stock they are supposedly sitting on. Take care of your claims with stock until reconditioned units are available. We shouldn't be waiting this long, even if they are unique in this replacement program. It's not very customer-centric.

Apparently stating my position about waiting for RMA units vs sending a stock unit made sense. Mine is on it's way as of today.

I haven't heard anything on mine yet planning on bugging them again on Tuesday.

I contacted 3DR last night once again...
Still no Gimblas available...
What is worrying me most is the fact they do not have a clue about when they will be available...

Thanks Version3, as you suggested I wrote them if they do not have refurbished Gimballs the have to send me a new one as I have been waiting for nearly 2 months...
I am not optimistic but trying costs nothing....

Someone on the Facebook group reported their finally shipped yesterday. Perhaps the light at the end of the tunnel is approaching?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea