3DR BREAKING NEWS TODAY 8-1-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Today is a historic day for 3DR. We couldn’t be more thrilled to share not one, but two important milestones for Site Scan, which will transform how our customers use drones in their day-to-day work.

First things first: we’re integrating our Site Scan software platform with DJIto make it compatible with their drones. This integration marks a significant expansion of the Site Scan platform, giving you another option for your workflow: now you’re free to use whatever drone that’s best for you and your team.

With this integration, now our customers can get the best of both worlds: DJI’s drones, and 3DR’s software for managing and analyzing the data that these drones collect.

For Site Scan customers, flying a DJI drone has the exact same workflow: you can use our mobile app, Site Scan Field. DJI drones will work seamlessly with Site Scan, including its autonomous flight modes, multi-engine cloud processing, and suite of tools designed for construction, such as: performing topographic surveys, calculating cut and fill volumes, measuring stockpiles, exporting native Autodesk file formats, and much more.

“This integration is a significant milestone for the AEC industry,” said Michael Perry, Director of Strategic Partnerships at DJI. “We’re excited that 3DR Site Scan users can now use DJI drones to convert images into actionable data that helps project stakeholders save time and manage costs.”

nothing in that message was particularly thrilling... it mentions two milestones but I only saw one, and I see it as a kick in the teeth for Solo owners. so they have made site scan compatible for a phantom 4 out of the box with its own camera, yet Solo owners with a gopro gimbal can't use it without buying another overpriced Solo with the Sony camera. You would have thought they would attempt to develop site scan so its existing loyal customers could use it without extra hardware, but I guess pleasing those who initially supported them isn't that important to them.

I talked with them very early this year about the Site Scan package for the company I work for. One of the things they mentioned is that the hardware business just isn't where the money is - it's all in the software. They told me back then that they were transitioning to the DJI platform. Kinda stung...

Reactions: RichWest
I talked with them very early this year about the Site Scan package for the company I work for. One of the things they mentioned is that the hardware business just isn't where the money is - it's all in the software. They told me back then that they were transitioning to the DJI platform. Kinda stung...

Kind of a natural conclusion. 3DR was clear last year that they were out of the drone-making business. Since DJI owns 70% of the global hobby/commercial drone market, who else would be a logical drone partner?

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - https://3drpilots.com/threads/3dr-and-dji-partner.11108/

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela