3axis Gimbal/Gopro control issues

Reaction score
I have intermittent loss of gimbal angle control and no ability to control the functions of the installed gopro hero 4 black. The video feed to the app through the HDMI connected to the gopro works.

Have swapped out the gimbal and gopro to a separate solo and everything works as it should. Also did a continuity test on all the wires in the Gimbal Data harness on the solo with the issue, and they all have continuity.

I was considering swapping out the gimbal data harness, but after gently pulling on the connector at the main circuit board, I am not sure if it is designed to be unplugged.

Any suggestions or other troubleshooting before I break out the big hammer?

Not saying this is the same issue...but may give you some further insight to your problem.... at the least how the data cable is soldered to the main board.

Gimble not found

If the problem is intermittent, it could be one of several location. The link above shows the pins soldered underneath the main board, cold solder joint maybe.

You could have a bad terminal on the data connector from the main board. I'd give a slight tug on the wires one by one just to make sure one is not broken. Make sure all the pins are fully inserted into the connector.

A member, User_Name, makes a replacement gimbal data cable with soft wires. You could stub the old wires and solder his cable into your bird. Just and option if in the cable/connector itself.

Not saying this is the same issue...but may give you some further insight to your problem.... at the least how the data cable is soldered to the main board.

Gimble not found

If the problem is intermittent, it could be one of several location. The link above shows the pins soldered underneath the main board, cold solder joint maybe.

You could have a bad terminal on the data connector from the main board. I'd give a slight tug on the wires one by one just to make sure one is not broken. Make sure all the pins are fully inserted into the connector.

A member, User_Name, makes a replacement gimbal data cable with soft wires. You could stub the old wires and solder his cable into your bird. Just and option if in the cable/connector itself.
Thanks for the info, will check into it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc