3.7-Dev crash bug & wonky gimbal pitch resolved

Reaction score
We've finally found and fixed the communication bug that was causing the flight controller crash and wonky gimbal pitch control in 3.7-dev. Tridge found the issue in i2c that was causing an interrupt storm, eventually saturating 100% CPU and crashing it. The same i2c interrupt storm was causing packet loss from the gimbal, screwing with the gimbal EKF. The communication bug has been fixed, and now both of those problems are resolved. Those fixes went into master yesterday, and everything is now working great! I put the latest ArduCopter 3.7-dev for Solo up in Solex and SidePilot, dated 8/25/2019.

This constitutes all the remaining bugs in 3.7-dev related to the Solo safely and reliably flying on master. So when the next major ArduCopter stable release comes out (it will be ArduCopter v4.0.0), it will be 100% solo compatible for all solos.

Awesome Matt! Glad to see everyone sticking with our amazing aircraft, and I'm happy to be a part of the community with individuals as talented as yourself and the rest of the dev guys, and supporters! Is there any timeframe set as to when we can expect to see AC V4.0.0 available for download?

Awesome Matt! Glad to see everyone sticking with our amazing aircraft, and I'm happy to be a part of the community with individuals as talented as yourself and the rest of the dev guys, and supporters! Is there any timeframe set as to when we can expect to see AC V4.0.0 available for download?

When ArduCopter begins beta testing the next release version (which will actually be called ArduCopter 4.0 rather than 3.7), I will start push a complete Open Solo 4.0 beta package as well. The dev testing stuff I have out there now is really all the changes that will constitute Open Solo 4 anyway.

Reactions: Wetstone
@Pedals2Paddles Thanks again Matt, great to have guys like you continuing on development work of the solo. Very happy with the package that I fly now, all done with your help, the battery mod, a few here that have answered my questions and my mounts for my Nikon, its all good

Thank you

When ArduCopter begins beta testing the next release version (which will actually be called ArduCopter 4.0 rather than 3.7), I will start push a complete Open Solo 4.0 beta package as well. The dev testing stuff I have out there now is really all the changes that will constitute Open Solo 4 anyway.
Ok, Sweet! I may have to give that latest dev file a test drive, I've been eager to get the full system on my solo since I heard of the chibios change but heard of a couple mid flight mishaps causing them to fall or have sketchy gimbal responses, I personally don't have any kind of cash to go buying new anything if it were to happen to me, so I decided to wait for a bit knowing that you guys would have it cleared up quickly... so I checked back a couple weeks later and there's this thread, fixing not 1 but both issues!

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
Does this take care of the BRD_OPTION setting issue as well?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela