2nd filght first crash?

Reaction score
I got my Solo in the mail on Wednesday (my first drone) and took it out for the first time today. I love this thing and cant believe how easy it is to fly. The first flight went great but the second was a different story. The pine tree was a little taller than I thought! I hit a branch but after flipping around and doing a flip or two the Solo righted itself and hovered perfectly. I flew it clear of the tree and everything seemed ok. I hit the return to home button just to bring it in and check everything over. It flew back and landed as it should but the motors did not turn off. It kept trying to lift off and hover about 2 to 3 feet. Not knowing how to kill the motors I tried to just keep it on the ground until the battery died. While doing so it eventually flipped over ruining the props and the motors shut off. Aside from hitting the tree is there anything I should have done differently to bring it back and shut it down? I did try and use the pause button when it was on the ground with the motors running but that didnt help. I thought about trying to turn it off and back on but I did not have the extra props with me and didn't want to take a chance of it taking off with broken props. Do yall think I will be ok to just swap the props and try again tomorrow or is there something else I need to do? Thanks in advance for any help.

there is a motor kill sequence, and I would do you wrong to just tell it to you.
Please Please Please, go download the manual. Read it, you will be glad you did the next time something like this happens

... Do yall think I will be ok to just swap the props and try again tomorrow or is there something else I need to do?

These solos are sturdy and can survive significant crashes. That you can hit a branch and solo does a few flips and corrects itself is awesome. I have broken props on landing before and just replaced with no damage to drone. Now, when solo has crashed and props dug into ground or tried to spin against a heavy object, I've burned out two motors. So, it's not just the crash it's what happens after. That's why you have to know the emergency power off sequence to shut off asap if you hit ground. You can tell the motors are damaged when either they shriek under power or they will not turn by hand. Hopefully, this will be like your one mulligan and all you have to do is replace props. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to try it again today and see what happens.

She should fly fine with the damaged props replaced.
Hitting the pause button during the landing sequence probably was the start of your problem. The Solo was trying to hold position with the feet on the ground so it never knew it landed.
That being said learn to fly in manual mode (with button A or B programmed to manual), and please read the owner's manual cover to cover. Will save you lots of heartache.
Welcome to a wonderful new world!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll download and read the manual today. It should make for a good Sunday afternoon read.

Also, depending on your settings, holding the pause button can execute the "rewind" function!

Yep, you really need to read some manuals. Alternatively just search for some introductory videos in Youtube.
It is not the perfect approach, but you will be better prepared than reading nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44