~20 minutes to download a log?

Reaction score
Hey is it normal for APM2 to take almost 20 minutes to download each log from my Solo? Just got it and first time downloading logs.

Also when I try to download logs using mission planner, it never loads the logs list. What's up with that?

I had this issue before, I think you're supposed to use WinSCP to download the logs as it's much faster. Do a search on the forum and you'll find the info you need.

so I downloaded those logs using winSCP, but which ones are my MAVLink logs? I see a bunch of tlogs (which i have to rename to get APM2 to read) and a bunch of other stuff which isn't MAVLink.

How do i get my MAVLink logs?

Last edited:
so I downloaded those logs using winSCP, but which ones are my MAVLink logs? I see a bunch of tlogs (which i have to rename to get APM2 to read) and a bunch of other stuff which isn't MAVLink.

How do i get my MAVLink logs?
Make sure you are on Solo and not the controller.
The dataflash logs are in directory /log/dataflash on Solo with file extension .BIN.

Make sure you are on Solo and not the controller.
The dataflash logs are in directory /log/dataflash on Solo with file extension .BIN.
Ok thanks.

I'm trying to figure out why "follow me" mode isn't working with my Solo. I select the mode, with either Solex or Tower, and both apps say they've switched mode, but on my transmitter it says "Brake" instead. The control of the Solo acts like it is in follow me mode. I have control of the yaw, but nothign else. But no matter what I do, it doesn't move. I know my phone is provided GPS location because my little blue dot show sup on the map. I just can't get it to follow me no matter which option I try (follow me left,right,above, etc) I've tried them all.

Ok thanks.

I'm trying to figure out why "follow me" mode isn't working with my Solo. I select the mode, with either Solex or Tower, and both apps say they've switched mode, but on my transmitter it says "Brake" instead. The control of the Solo acts like it is in follow me mode. I have control of the yaw, but nothign else. But no matter what I do, it doesn't move. I know my phone is provided GPS location because my little blue dot show sup on the map. I just can't get it to follow me no matter which option I try (follow me left,right,above, etc) I've tried them all.
Download the shotlogs from Solo instead.
What tablet/phone are you using?

I'm using a Nexus 5. I've also used my Nexus 7 2013. Both of them show up with my location on the map. Yet, the Solo will not follow me.

I'm not sure the shot log will be where i need to look, but i'll try. I wasn't using a smart shot, just the regular follow me mode built into tower and solex. I need to know where in the tlog (or dataflash?) to look for variables which show the guided location. I looked in /logs/solo/dataflash but didn't see anything in there. Is logging turned off by default? The tlog(s) appear to have less information that MAVLink messages seem to have (on my skyviper at least). And every tlog is different...with different variables being reported sometimes. I have one tlog where the "mode" is not in the log.

I know @Kelly Schrock made a scripting capability into Solex. I wonder if it is possible to create a command that automatically grabs the "current" log off the solo and downloads it to your device. One issue I have is the files are named enumerated and the date/times don't line up with my flights. So i have a hard time trying to find the correct file to analyze. That's pretty frustrating. Even worse, the Solex app doesn't show date/time at all, only when I use WinSCP. And, then when you copy the file to your Windows machine, it updates the date/time to the time you performed the copy...so then it's all guessing

Last edited:
I'm using a Nexus 5. I've also used my Nexus 7 2013. Both of them show up with my location on the map. Yet, the Solo will not follow me.

I'm not sure the shot log will be where i need to look, but i'll try. I wasn't using a smart shot, just the regular follow me mode built into tower and solex. I need to know where in the tlog (or dataflash?) to look for variables which show the guided location. I looked in /logs/solo/dataflash but didn't see anything in there. Is logging turned off by default? The tlog(s) appear to have less information that MAVLink messages seem to have (on my skyviper at least). And every tlog is different...with different variables being reported sometimes. I have one tlog where the "mode" is not in the log.

I know @Kelly Schrock made a scripting capability into Solex. I wonder if it is possible to create a command that automatically grabs the "current" log off the solo and downloads it to your device. One issue I have is the files are named enumerated and the date/times don't line up with my flights. So i have a hard time trying to find the correct file to analyze. That's pretty frustrating. Even worse, the Solex app doesn't show date/time at all, only when I use WinSCP. And, then when you copy the file to your Windows machine, it updates the date/time to the time you performed the copy...so then it's all guessing
You need to ssh into Solo, 10.1.1.10, and not the Controller at 10.1.1.1. On the Controller, there is a directory /log/dataflash but it is empty.

Reactions: Lordneeko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela