Welcome to 3DRPilots.com

Tags:
  1. RichWest

I flew yesterday without any issues of any sort with my old "crappy" RevA.

2. just_bruce

Index skyrocketed as of about 9a est, so if you flew before then, wouldn't've been any effect...

3. DJMc

Sorry, thought I'd made the relevance clear....I'm not sure how piloting a UAS means you're in control 50% of the time....you set up the flight regardless of the mode (including a RTL), you choose the takeoff, surroundings and environmental conditions. Pilot is 100% responsible for operating their UAS 100% of the time.

Different people have different perspectives I guess. ..

4. Pedals2Paddles

I agree 99%. I don't believe it's perspective. It's fact.

5. RichWest

Was around 1PM CST...in the thick of the solar storm.

6. David Boulanger

High KP does not mean you are going to have problems. However, it is a good thing to monitor as a pilot of a sUAS. Part of situational awareness even though you can't see it.

DJMc likes this.
  7. Pedals2Paddles

Right. The probability of a problem is high. But it's not equal and all encompassing evenly across the globe at all times.

David Boulanger likes this.
  8. jimloss

Android app UAV Forecast provides this info and more

9. Lon Denard

Oh I'm not talking "responsibility" I'm talking control. The AI does most of the actual flying in my opinion. A lot of guys talk about flying "manually" but it's not true manual flying. I've flown honest manual drones/helicopters where you have to control x, y, and z using throttle inputs. It doesn't just hover when you let go of the controls, it hits the ground! Hahaha! I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. Unless you know something I don't, it's my belief that the Solo, along with most other modern drones, maintain their altitude regardless of flight mode. So when the craft maintains its x, y and z autonomously, without any input from the "pilot", I have a hard time considering that complete control of the craft. Then when you throw in site scan or tower and the thing just goes wherever you touch on a screen... Yea, not my idea of complete control or "piloting".

10. Lon Denard

Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants if newer/ "better" GPS modules were more susceptible?

11. David Boulanger

A Quad would not fly without some type of Flight controller assistance. Have you flown in ACRO?

12. Lon Denard

This was a long time ago. A friend of mine was way into helicopters and had an early multirotor unit he had made from a plan he got somewhere. This guy also had a home made hover craft! The controls were similar to helicopter controls as I remember it. I played with it for all of 2 minutes and handed the control back to him!

I have not flown the Solo in ACRO mode. I stand corrected! I was wrong. To be honest, I had completely forgotten about ACRO mode as I would never use it. So my friend's unit only flew in "ACRO" mode and yep, no thanks! I have a small drone that is basically an ACRO unit and it's enough of a handful, I couldn't imagine how much more of a pain it must be to handle a Solo! Kudos to you, sir!

13. David Boulanger

No Kudos necessary. But Thanks. There is a reason why Multi Rotors started appearing after the Nintendo Wii came out. Its all about the sensors.

14. Lon Denard

I never considered it in that way. It just goes to show that you can always learn something!

You know, I literally just purchased a "refurbished" unit from Best Buy for $66, so I might just go ahead and see if I can learn to fly it in ACRO mode. I'll just forgo putting a gimbal/camera on it!

Heck, I have several sets of props, legs, and even a couple motors. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

15. Lon Denard

Well, I do have an old Hero HD...

16. just_bruce

17. Lon Denard