WOW!

Reaction score
I just started my membership on this site a few days ago and have only posted a coupled times due to my newbieness. However, I have noticed that there is very little wiggle room for newcomers on here. Good site for veterans who know the gig but if you are new to this site it seems you don't stand a chance. I've noticed others have posted similar comments. I hope this can change over time.

Maybe things have changed but I've never experienced this. People have always been helpful. But like anywhere on the internet there are bound to be other types of people. I suppose there are various levels of tolerance for stupid questions. Not implying that you are asking stupid questions as I haven't posted here in quite a while. Just ignore the folks that aren't willing to be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought your thread was responded too harshly and honestly childishly.

Posting in a separate forum about the functionality of controlling the gopro the Solo was designed around seems silly.

Its like this on most forums though so don't take it too personally. Some people have a weird relationship with an object which is a subject of the forum they spend too much time on.. Eventually they see it as their forum.

Example of the problem
Solo forum
Solo Discussion
Motor discussion
Prop discussion
Prop nut discussion
ESC discussion
Gimbal discussion
Gimbal Motor discussion
Receiver discussion
Gopro Forum

End result is people who need or want to participate just don't and in the end it will be people with over 400 posts and it will die.

When people ask questions that are answered on page one of the manual or the big sticker on the top of the box when you first open it, yes it is met with an annoyed response. It is irresponsible behavior. People take it out of the box, ignore everything, don't even charge the battery, crash, then start asking moronic questions acting perplexed this happened. I have no sympathy. People who ask questions that are not of that nature are answered nicely and politely. Always have. There isn't a problem.

Or, people make a post in a thread that is totally off topic, and even say "Well this isn't the right place to post this but I'm going to do it anyway". And some even pretend it was an accident, even though the post actually said it was on purpose.... And yes, those people will be given a well deserved less than polite response. Again, no sympathy. And people who don't do that do not get such responses.

This is from me being an observer and from reading A LOT of threads. I have just noticed a lot of angry comments made to new members asking questions that yes have been asked probably a thousand times before. Not everyone knows the correct channels or procedures for searching on sites like these. It can definitely become a little overwhelming for excited new folks who have never been on a site like this before. I actually didn't join this site for almost a year just because I was reading posts from the outside and wanted to eventually poke around deeper.
I agree with you that some newbies on here aren't aware of some of the resources available to them. Several of us on here, including myself, are just trying to get them to try and help themselves. By letting them know about things such as the Solo manual, and the search function, we are hoping they will take the initiative and use these tools. I can see how someone might look at some posts and think we are getting on their case, but that is far from the truth. We are just encouraging them to try on their own. If you notice, even the simple questions get answered, and a lot of times by the same person who advised them to download the manual and use the search option. So, just hang in there with us and hopefully the newcomers will take our comments as they were intended, and learn just like we did.

I wasn't going to post but I cant help myself. I troll more often than I post and I am also new to this forum, but forums have been around for a long time and general edicat is to search before asking.

I see it like this. The search function on this forum as well as the internet are very useful tools. If you have a tool at your disposal then you should try to use it first before you ask your buddy to use his tool. Now if you find that your tool is insufficient and doesn't cover what you are trying to accomplish then yea ask your buddy to borrow his tool. But if you ask to use his tool before you even attempt to see if yours will work then thats just lazy and your buddy has every right to get upset and tell you how he feels. The moral of this story, use your tools don't be a tool!

I think pedals need to get out more or get laid one or the other...:eek: Its just a forum bud. Nobody died!!!:cool:

You just made an entire new thread to complain about how people are treating you on a forum. And you're telling me to relax because it's just forum? Seriously? Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

You made a thread about a perceived problem. Complaining about how the free and rapid technical help from other experienced users here is not very polite. I responded, explaining why what you perceive as a problem really isn't. And why, in fact, you are one of the ones creating the problem by posting off topic stuff on purpose. So I would suggest that if anyone needs to grow up and learn how to behave on the internet, it's probably not me.

That said, I am not opposed to getting laid or getting out more. Are you offering?

Reactions: dml931 and SARDG
Sounds like typical forum behavior...

5dc4t.jpg

I'm new here, too. And, I would have expected a more mature response. When my kids keep asking me dumb questions, rather than respond, I just ignore them. Maybe it's time for new behavior?

I wasn't going to post but I cant help myself. I troll more often than I post and I am also new to this forum, but forums have been around for a long time and general edicat is to search before asking.

I see it like this. The search function on this forum as well as the internet are very useful tools. If you have a tool at your disposal then you should try to use it first before you ask your buddy to use his tool. Now if you find that your tool is insufficient and doesn't cover what you are trying to accomplish then yea ask your buddy to borrow his tool. But if you ask to use his tool before you even attempt to see if yours will work then thats just lazy and your buddy has every right to get upset and tell you how he feels. The moral of this story, use your tools don't be a tool!

There's not one piece of information here that I couldn't get from a google search.

If what you say is true then why join?

Its a community for discussion not a encyclopedia.

I agree CheapoHeli! And with the original post up top from the first guy Fabsport. Too many chiefs up in here. Everyone needs to relax and have fun!

Reactions: Russ Knight
I just started my membership on this site a few days ago and have only posted a coupled times due to my newbieness. However, I have noticed that there is very little wiggle room for newcomers on here. Good site for veterans who know the gig but if you are new to this site it seems you don't stand a chance. I've noticed others have posted similar comments. I hope this can change over time.
One good way to promote the veteran folks is jump right in and insult them. Nice job

I agree CheapoHeli! And with the original post up top from the first guy Fabsport. Too many chiefs up in here. Everyone needs to relax and have fun!

X2 so many "pilots" in here - lol. Maybe not this thread specifically but I've seen "them" posting in other threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe some of those "pilots" could help someone, I suppose that would be an issue for you.
folks I joined 3 new forums this week on other topics that interest me.
You know how I entered, I didn't. I will spend at least a month on there learning first.
You really should not start casting stones at the long time members until... I don't know... Maybe contribute a little

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig