WOW!

So you just joined two days ago. You have one post. You do not even own a solo. And your second post here is to already complain about the forum. You'll definitely go real far here....
So you just joined two days ago. You have one post. You do not even own a solo. And your second post here is to already complain about the forum. You'll definitely go real far here....
Let me apologize from the bottom of my heart sir. Just trying to inject a little HUMOR. How is my post complaining dude? It was just meant to lighten up from the first poor guy getting it. My bad I guess.

I think we settled this, can we please return to arguing about @Jubalr 's 21 minute flight time. ;)

I just had a 21 minute flight this morning... New naked solo without GP frame. I was helping my brother in law with his first flight. Landed with 10% battery.

I've gotta spam the crap out of this thread before it's locked. Any other topics?

OMG! Compuserve, when I think of all the money I paid them for my old 300 baud dial-up connection! "The old days"
CompuServe was a stepup from my arcnet days when I was doing my time as a graduate student. I paid $400 for my 300 modem that was on sale.

The purpose of a forum is to ask questions. Doesn't matter if its been answered 1 million times. This is why you will never see a thread locked solely because a question has been asked before. The one exception is if it causes a duplicate content penalty which basically never happens with a forum.

There will always be know it alls and people that think they are entitled. This place seems worse because the community is so small.

I'm a successful internet entrepreneur and have had two forums acquired by large corporations. We WANT people to ask questions it brings in more traffic which equates to money. Also the search function on Tapatalk is basically useless and always has been.

That being said I've found some good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is going to end up as the most active thread of the week... which I am contributing to by posting yet another reply.

The purpose of a forum is to ask questions. Doesn't matter if its been answered 1 million times. ...Also the search function on Tapatalk is basically useless and always has been.

Except that after a question has been answered 1 million times, the vets of this site just begin to roll their eyes and ignore them. To bad, because that's where all the rich information is - and still remains with a search. Fear not... answers, right or wrong, will continue as I see the newbs 'helping' newbs these days. Some of the advice is even correct...

I gave up on Tapatalk more than 3 years ago and use the full browser experience on my devices for every forum I belong to as I find all of Tapatalk comparatively useless. I didn't remember the poor search function, but I suppose that in itself, is a good enough reason to abandon it.

Except that after a question has been answered 1 million times, the vets of this site just begin to roll their eyes and ignore them. To bad, because that's where all the rich information is - and still remains with a search. Fear not... answers, right or wrong, will continue as I see the newbs 'helping' newbs these days. Some of the advice is even correct...

I gave up on Tapatalk more than 3 years ago and use the full browser experience on my devices for every forum I belong to as I find all of Tapatalk comparatively useless. I didn't remember the poor search function, but I suppose that in itself, is a good enough reason to abandon it.

Nature of the beast - out with the old in with the new. Owners here don't want the "vets" running over everyone and scaring them off. They're glad to hear them speak up and stick around. Only way a forum grows and evolves. Vets were new at one point also. Besides most of them won't leave anyway. This is way to narrow of a vertical. I'm not away of any other 3DR specific forums with activity.

Forums exist to make money. I guarantee all the newbies including myself are spending way more money in this space than the vets right now. That's the forum owners wet dream for targeted ads.

I still use Tapatalk sometimes just to stay ahead of the curve testing in all browsers.

Last edited:
Gee, I feel left out....not no more....up'ing my post count makes me more credible....right?

Could I get a few Likes to up my street cred while I'm here....;)

Peace.
You betcha... here's a Like to prove you are incredulous... is that what you meant? :p

Nature of the beast - out with the old in with the new...
I suppose... attrition at its finest!

Forums exist to make money. I guarantee all the newbies including myself are spending way more money in this space than the vets right now. That's the forum owners wet dream for targeted ads.
That's interesting. The times I have clicked on targeted ads since Al Gore invented the Internet can be counted on less than one hand. I always skip ads in YouTube as well. - and yet still manage to spend a lot of Solo-dough.

Netiquette: Good Forum Etiquette
An important term that you should be aware of and know about is "netiquette". This term is a contraction of Internet etiquette, and it's really the etiquette guidelines for posting messages to online services. Netiquette covers not only rules to maintain civility in discussions (i.e., avoiding flames), but also special guidelines unique to the electronic nature of forum messages. In most cases, netiquette is enforced by the forum administrator. One of the biggest issues facing those unfamiliar with using online forums is that they may not even be aware of what constitutes netiquette. To get you started with using online forums here are some tips to get you started and keep you from being banned on forums;

• Do Stay On Topic. Many people use forums for knowledge gathering as well as social interactions. Forum posts and threads can be read by hundreds or thousands of users, and as such it's important to read the topic of a particular discussion and keep your posts related to that topic. If you are looking for general chat and comments, look in the forums for an off-topic discussion area.
  • Don't Be A Troll. A "troll" is a person who breaks netiquette on a regular basis by posted inflammatory messages (called a flame) when responding to other users in the forums. Trolls are also users who will find older flame-filled threads on a forum and reply to them just to get users worked up again.
  • Do Turn That Caps Lock Key Off. When you type a post in all capital letters you are going to annoy other forum users. Capital letters are viewed as shouting when communicating online, and its considered rude to do.
  • Don't Double Post. When using Internet forums it annoys other users when you post the same message more than once, in more than on discussion thread. If you make a post and no one replies, then leave it at that. Reposting the same message or slightly edited versions of the same message will not earn you any respect from other forum users, and in fact it may earn you warnings from the moderator.
  • Do Search Before Posting. Before posting a question or asking for help on a particular topic, do use the forum search option to make sure this question has not already been asked and answered by other users. Even if your question does not appear in the thread list, it may still be available as an archived topic in the forum.

Reactions: Chuck
Yea I've been a part of forums back when they were message boards. You see this a lot but you have to thicken your skin and drive on or give up and leave. The thing about the Solo is that 3dr has a series of videos made by the head man himself that explains Solo's functions much better than anyone here can ever hope to. Which means that I agree that you should look into the manufactures resources before you enter a forum and ask. However, I also agree that it's unnecessary for forum veterans to get nasty with newbies, I normally just ignore obvious or redundant questions on my other forums.

That notwithstanding, I posted in a thread that asked, "what's next?" And was attacked for answering the Mavic. So it's not just guys asking questions that get hit on here, it's anyone who would extol the virtues of DJI, Yuneec, etc or that's against DIY.

so 36 posts in you are going to lecture the vets
nice

You are one angry butt hurt dude. You act like everyone just showed up in your house with muddy shoes on lol.

so 36 posts in you are going to lecture the vets
nice
Oh so what does my post count need to be before I'm allowed an opinion, sir? Does it help that I've been involved in message boards/forums since I took computer science courses in 1979? Considering that the thread is about forum edicate and not the Solo itself, I don't think that "seniority" should be a factor.

The irony is that this is exactly what the op was talking about. This attitude that unless you've been here for a long time, you don't have a right to post.

You're allowed to have an opinion all you want. It's called respect. You're fairly new, have very little participation with the group, and are lecturing the long time members who participate heavily about how they should act. Would you join a real club or group in person, show up to two meetings, then start telling everyone the way it should be? Would it matter if you told them "well I was in another unrelated club 20 years ago!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea