Won't record with gimbal

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm very new I actually got my solo 4 days ago but I recently purchased the gimbal for solo and installed it and on my live feed it has a white circle on the right of My screen where I should be able to push and start recording but it won't let me every time I push it it does nothing but the GoPro will record without the gimbal and just the stock hdmi cable and holder that came with the drone. I have a GoPro hero 3 black edition

Did you select the correct camera model in the settings within the App?

Thinking about this, the "3" may have limited functionality. Only "3+" (and up) is recommended.

Yes with the normal 3, you have to push the record button on the hero. The frame flexes enough that its not an issue. The one advantage of the older 3, if you consider it such, is that the Solo can power it thru the gopro connector on the back. Of course it does cut your flight time down. I had a gimbal issue the other day and had to return it to BB...the hdmi feed-thru stopped working. I spent 2 days trying all of my gopros before I even thought about it being a signal issue. I am 3d printing the camera clip from alpo hassinen on thingiverse. It lets you pop out the hdmi cable to plug in a usb cable while the camera is still mounted. I recommend it. 1 minute install time. He also has a mount for the accessory bay that lets you install a second gopro, as well as leg extensions and shims that tilt the front legs back about 5 degrees to get them out of camera view.

SARDG is correct. The 3+Black is the only one in the "3" line of GoPros that has the functionality you want. I have the 3+Black, and it works great.

SARDG is correct. The 3+Black is the only one in the "3" line of GoPros that has the functionality you want. I have the 3+Black, and it works great.
How do you know which one you have if it's the plus or not because I have the hero 3 black but old if it's the plus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig