wifi network

Reaction score
is there anyway to add this to a home or private wifi network?

I would like to think that if you did that and added a high gain wifi AP you should be able to get more range a and or save video to a desktop vs a phone

The controller is already a pretty good hi gain WiFi AP.

The idea is to download the video from the GoPro data card, don't try to save it to your phone for production work. This way you have the cleanest video as it has never left the camera.

Trying to save the video to your phone means it is much lower resolution and is subject to compression artifacts and other signal issues. You can do it, but it's just to make it easy for you to review your flight(s).

When you are ready to really use the video for any production work, download it directly from the data card off of the GoPro. You can easily take out the card and put it in your computer directly, or use a USB cable to download it. You can also use the GoPro WiFi to download it once you are no longer flying the Solo, but this will be much slower.

That's a silly question. Honestly, wtf. Search the million threads about signal range. This forum is already turning into a solo bitch fest.

is there anyway to add this to a home or private wifi network?

I would like to think that if you did that and added a high gain wifi AP you should be able to get more range a and or save video to a desktop vs a phone
I understand what you want, and you can get it, but you simply don't do what you prescribe to get what you want.

WiFi is just radio.... To do what you want, you need stronger radios, higher gain antennas, etc. . High gain antennas give you a strnger signalk in one direction. Stronger radios means better penetration, higher reliablility, stronger signal in general, and longer distance.

There are high gain antennas (directional) that boost the distance and penetration (through trees etc.) of Solo by about 40%. There are replacement WiFi cards for both Solo and the controller that almost double the power and distance. There are external booster amps for the controller that more than double the radio power on the controller.

Used in combinations people consistently take Solo out 4+ miles with good video. The US rules are "Line of Sight" but even with no rules, I just can't imagine anyone needing to go further than that....

As mentioned, the live stream that comes out of the GoPro is only 720P. From there it is compressed, and then sent. Not a good plan for video other than review with logs etc. The real HiRez video is onboard the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44