Well I did it :( On my 3DR Solo

I'll register soon. But I'm not planning on putting it that big on my solo. I'll go a bit smaller

I think you can put your number in the battery tray. Regulation seems to say that it's ok to put the number wherever you want as long as tools aren't required to gain access to it.

Reactions: David Carolan
Yep, very very reluctantly and hesitantly, I did too. I figured that since I'd likely have to do it at some point, best to be on the "inside" where updates on restrictions and whatnots can be seen before the media gets busy distorting them.
Here's the certificate you get:

View media item 187

Oh! Absolutely NO information about your drones is required or even asked for. As I suspected all along, it's actually you being registered, nothing else.

Yes just the person. You can have 10 drones and or airplanes any model that can fly. One number for all.

BTW if you need decals, I can make them. I have a vinyl cutter.

Click Here FAA Decals

Last edited:
It can go anywhere you can access without tools. Battery bay it is. I'm also marking my battery just in case.

Reactions: Maddog
I was told you can use your serial # in your battery tray. No need to mark your solos up with stickers

Yep, very very reluctantly and hesitantly, I did too. I figured that since I'd likely have to do it at some point, best to be on the "inside" where updates on restrictions and whatnots can be seen before the media gets busy distorting them.

View media item 187
Ok, keep us updated.:cool:

View media item 187
Hmm-how can it be a registration certificate if there is no description of the UAS?

I was told you can use your serial # in your battery tray. No need to mark your solos up with stickers
Unfortunately the FAA has stated that serial numbers are NOT sufficient ID marking for drones used for non-commercial purposes. Drones must be marked with the newly issued UAS Certificate Numbers. That's why they don't even ask for your serial number when you register.

Unfortunately the FAA has stated that serial numbers are NOT sufficient ID marking for drones used for non-commercial purposes. Drones must be marked with the newly issued UAS Certificate Numbers. That's why they don't even ask for your serial number when you register.
Yes... but that doesn't really make any sense whatsoever, either.
Seriously. If drones can be marked inside, where no one can see the blasted numbers to report to anyone, what good does it do? What is the purpose?
Three guesses and the first two don't count.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
Yes... but that doesn't really make any sense whatsoever, either.
Seriously. If drones can be marked inside, where no one can see the blasted numbers to report to anyone, what good does it do? What is the purpose?
Purpose: Identification of the owner AFTER the flight. Unlike manned aircraft, drones are too small to read their registration numbers while they are flying. Since their numbers will therefore only be read when the drone is on the ground, it's logical for them to be allowed anywhere that's easily accessible without tools, such as in the Solo battery compartment.

Reactions: Maddog
Again.. for what purpose?
Is every operator going to be visited in an area near a mishap of some sort? Seems the only way possible to ID a specific person since the drone itself remains incognito.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M