V05.00 ? HERO4 BLACK

Reaction score
So i just a hero4 black and on the phone, i got this new firmware update.
it looks good for the Linear FOV..

Does somebody know if this interferes with the SOLO app. like the live view or anything else for that matter.

Attachments

• 18142778_1822097057816740_1627358634_n.png
    18142778_1822097057816740_1627358634_n.png
    130.1 KB · Views: 35
I keep reading everywhere that solo 3dr only works with firmware v3.

Should work fine with the exception of powering on the camera in flight. You will just need to turn the camera on before you power on Solo. You can always downgrade the firmware if you don't like it.

I run v.5 on my h4b with no issues....unless I forget to press record for a full batteries flight Doh!!!!!!

Should work fine with the exception of powering on the camera in flight. You will just need to turn the camera on before you power on Solo. You can always downgrade the firmware if you don't like it.

ooow, ok .. excellent! thank you :)

So if I am reading correctly we cannot use that Linear FOV without an LCD Touch Bac Pack. So it is useless to me. Now that I know that maybe I will bring firmware back down so solo will turn it on again.

So if I am reading correctly we cannot use that Linear FOV without an LCD Touch Bac Pack. So it is useless to me. Now that I know that maybe I will bring firmware back down so solo will turn it on again.

Why can't you set LFOV mode using your phone/tablet and a GoPro app before you fly?

You are correct you can. I was just going by the post someone made from GoPro official site change log which mention something about needing LCD bac pack to put it into linear fov mode. But then I tried and I was able to do it without it.

I really hate the GoPro fisheye and I hate having to use Capture to remove it. The v5 Linear FOV is a godsend for me, so I upgraded both of my H4Bs to it. As mentioned above, you have to manually turn on the camera before you take flight. The other snag I've run into is if you're in flight and go into the GoPro configuration screen on the tablet, once you cycle away from Linear you won't be able to re-select it without landing the drone and messing with the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44