Update, impressed until I wasn't!

Reaction score
Ok well I've not seen many issues with update talked about yet and most of it I'm happy with. One problem though, I got GPS lock faster and even inside, but then at 300 feet with 12 sats and under a 2 hdop I heard the prop noise change. Looked up then my controller vibrates and says it lost GPS, it didn't cause an issue and I just switched to manual and landed, but wtf 3dr. I've not lost GPS even at low altitude in a while and this is my yard where I fly all the time so I'm really annoyed that I lost it in wide open space for no reason at all.

Anybody else have this happen since updating? I'm hoping it was a fluke, but it makes no sense at all to me how I'd lose it at that height with nothing around.

Oh well guess I'll see if it happens again tomorrow, everybody fly safe.

Was it today that you flew? Kp index is high today!
Yeah, just noticed that. I did notice after I got in the air on my test flight I was having some drift even with 12 sats. It stabilized after a minute or so. Geomagnetic field is raging right now.

Yea just before I posted, only times I've lost GPS have been below 15 feet never worried once at higher altitude. Regaurdless of levels the update changed something for this to happen. Thanks for the heads up though, hope we get things figured out soon.

Yeah, just noticed that. I did notice after I got in the air on my test flight I was having some drift even with 12 sats. It stabilized after a minute or so. Geomagnetic field is raging right now.
Mine was far more stable than usual before this happened, it wasn't drifting at all hardly. I was pretty happy with that and the fast lock, then this happened.

Reactions: BladeImages
I had a pretty good flight. I was at 180 feet high and went out to about 2000 feet and still had 3 bars. Had good video all the way, no gimbal issues (haven't had any problem as it is). I had 7 sats before I could even get the app started.
Saw the post on manual arm. left stick down and right. That worked....learn something everyday with this thing.

Reactions: BladeImages
interesting... my solo never had gps issues out of the box and a few weeks ago started loosing gps... I was hoping the update was gonna fix this but today didn't really count as a good test considering the gps.

I've had bad day when Solo would be doing some weird shit and I would be thinking..WTF!!!
Then go out the next day in the same spot and everything would be fine..
So I don't think it's a problem Untill it's ( consistent ) on a day to day basis ..then it's a Problem !

Just my thought

Fly Safe

Ok well I've not seen many issues with update talked about yet and most of it I'm happy with. One problem though, I got GPS lock faster and even inside, but then at 300 feet with 12 sats and under a 2 hdop I heard the prop noise change. Looked up then my controller vibrates and says it lost GPS, it didn't cause an issue and I just switched to manual and landed, but wtf 3dr. I've not lost GPS even at low altitude in a while and this is my yard where I fly all the time so I'm really annoyed that I lost it in wide open space for no reason at all.

Anybody else have this happen since updating? I'm hoping it was a fluke, but it makes no sense at all to me how I'd lose it at that height with nothing around.

Good evening, I just got back from a flight and I was up about 220 ft, out 700 feet and I had the controller say GPS lost waiting for Solo. That happened to me twice. I said after the second time, it's time to land and try again tomorrow or whatever. Oh by the way I fly there all the time and it is a farmers field, but I have never had that happen before......smh!!

Reactions: Adimuzio513

Ok went to the same place and flew again, and guess what happened twice while flying in an open field up about 200 feet and 800 feet out.......I lost GPS twice. I have my A button with Fly Manual, and B button Stabilize. Well both times losing GPS went into Fly Manual mode. I don't understand why on a partly cloudy day, no obstructions around I get GPS loss. I did not have this problem prior to the latest update. I know there has been solar activity with flares and such, so maybe that is why. I am not feeling this at all, I think I will keep Solo grounded until the middle of next week........once again.......smh!

Ok went to the same place and flew again, and guess what happened twice while flying in an open field up about 200 feet and 800 feet out.......I lost GPS twice. I have my A button with Fly Manual, and B button Stabilize. Well both times losing GPS went into Fly Manual mode. I don't understand why on a partly cloudy day, no obstructions around I get GPS loss. I did not have this problem prior to the latest update. I know there has been solar activity with flares and such, so maybe that is why. I am not feeling this at all, I think I will keep Solo grounded until the middle of next week........once again.......smh!
Yea really disappointing cause I've been one of the folks that's had great luck with solo and the updates until this one. Last night was my final straw, I didn't lose GPS, I had 14 sats a 1.5 and was about 200 feet up and was drifting all over every direction huge amounts, like I was pushing my sticks. Sent my logs and all the other crap they need for my warranty and got a reply that their checking my logs today. Guess wel see soon enough, motor pod or update, it has to be one or the other on mine.

Reactions: Engine24blue
Mine was here at home again too same place. Seems the one flight I had at another location it acted better but it was too high above everything for the trees to interfere and nothing's changed here wifi wise according to my analyzer app.

Reactions: Engine24blue
Mine was here at home again too same place. Seems the one flight I had at another location it acted better but it was too high above everything for the trees to interfere and nothing's changed here wifi wise according to my analyzer app.
Did you try doing a Level and Compass calibration after your ordeal.. And see if that improved your disoriented Solo..?
I had that problem once with my Solo.. It wouldn't sit still.. It was all over the place.. Went home and did both calibrations.. And went out next day and it was fine..!!

Last edited:
Did you try doing a Level and Compass calibration after your ordeal.. And see if that improved your disoriented Solo..?
I had that problem once with my Solo.. It wouldn't sit still.. It was all over the place.. Went home and did both calibrations.. And went out next day and it was fine..!!
Yea and it's worked for me on other occasions too, not this time though. I may try it again just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure somethings off with it. It's going as much as ten feet I'd say in one direction or another, it's bad. Yet it seems to be ok in manual mode so I'm not sure, hopefully 3dr can figure it out without me having to wait for a solo yet again. Would be kinda nice to have some fresh pods though, my battery's are both already only charging to 97 or so percent so i don't want to replace pods on my dime as well as batteries soon. I'm sure I've got at least 50 cycles on each of them by now if not more. I was flying every day at least a pack or two for quite a while.

Yea and it's worked for me on other occasions too, not this time though. I may try it again just to be sure, but I'm pretty sure somethings off with it. It's going as much as ten feet I'd say in one direction or another, it's bad. Yet it seems to be ok in manual mode so I'm not sure, hopefully 3dr can figure it out without me having to wait for a solo yet again. Would be kinda nice to have some fresh pods though, my battery's are both already only charging to 97 or so percent so i don't want to replace pods on my dime as well as batteries soon. I'm sure I've got at least 50 cycles on each of them by now if not more. I was flying every day at least a pack or two for quite a while.
It could be also just a Glitchy day that you were experiencing .. Like Solar flare or other Activities that could be happening in the air that solo doesn't like ..Let the Solo take a rest and try going out the next day and see if you still have the same problem..!! You might just find that your problem might be gone..!! But if not.. Then it might be a Problem I would think..!!

Seems to have gotten worse but it was happening before and now after update. The GPS loss at 300 ft is new since update, but I'm pretty sure that this ones not on the update.

Seems to have gotten worse but it was happening before and now after update. The GPS loss at 300 ft is new since update, but I'm pretty sure that this ones not on the update.

Well you can always try another calibration .. But I would recommend doing it with a fully charged battery ..!! And if that doesn't work ..Mabe there could be a glitch in your firmware when you installed it.. You could always try doing a factory reset and then reinstalling the newest firmware back into your Solo ..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks