Tile tracking device on a Solo?

Reaction score
Website
www.dezertpeople.com
I have a few of these Tile tracking devices already and just thought about putting one on the Solo just as a backup plan to try and help find it if it ever took off and crashed somewhere. Has anyone tried this before? Would the Bluetooth signal interfere with it at all?

If you haven't heard of Tile here is their site. | Tile - Never Lose Your Keys, Wallet Or Anything Again

The Tile app on the phone only tracks it from about 100' away but it could help if you know roughly where it landed. You can also put it in find mode and it plays audio until you stop it. And if anyone else with the Tile app running on their phone gets in range of your Tile device it will update the system and will show you where it's at.

Reactions: ibrew
Chances are, if you unfortunately lose your drone, it will be farther than 100 ft. I looked at Tile when looking for a locator. I just didn't care for using Bluetooth and the limited range. I decided on the Marco Polo for the longer range, the rechargeable batteries, and the fact it uses Infrared to locate the transmitter.

Reactions: Maddog
I use the pet whistle. It has gps tracking and does not interfere with flying. I just take it off my dog before I fly. The tile will only work at close range.

Chances are, if you unfortunately lose your drone, it will be farther than 100 ft. I looked at Tile when looking for a locator. I just didn't care for using Bluetooth and the limited range. I decided on the Marco Polo for the longer range, the rechargeable batteries, and the fact it uses Infrared to locate the transmitter.

Yeah 100' isn't much and would only work if you had an idea of where it landed. At $25 it's not a bad option and I already have 4 of them. But the Marco Polo looks like a good solution. Expensive initially but looks like it's worth it for up to a 2 mile range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44