The gimbal video thread

Thanks for some help from folks here, and some other sources : here is my first Gimbal flight with Solo.

Not that great a video, was just a test and pretty windy, not to mention I was getting torn up by deer fly's a gnat's. Had a few LOS issues also so had to change ALT and move so I could LOS Solo (I live in the trees).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers
Under advanced settings make sure "allow embedding" is checked.

It plays fine if you go to youtube.

Thanks for some help from folks here, and some other sources : here is my first Gimbal flight with Solo.

Not that great a video, was just a test and pretty windy, not to mention I was getting torn up by deer fly's a gnat's. Had a few LOS issues also so had to change ALT and move so I could LOS Solo (I live in the trees).

Cheers
Hey Chip...were you pionting North when you uploaded this video...lol

Reactions: Raybro
Hey Chip...were you pionting North when you uploaded this video...lol

How did you know that? As a matter of fact, I do take off and land North just for procedure. See the trees I have to navigate around in the yard? RTF lands great, but a little nudge on the stick and ready for manual on Button B man!

Cheers

Cheers
It's working now...It looks like your Gimbal is working for you!

Quick video of corn harvest at a local farm. Have to say I'm pretty pleased with the gimbal!

Reactions: ERM and Raybro
I envy guy's out west in the real nice country, or fields and mountains. Here in FL, all we have is gators, snakes and palmetto's and trees where I live. And of course the beaches. Nice job on the video's!

Cheers

I've posted this elsewhere, but I guess this is where it belongs. My first gimbal flight:

GP3+ Black, ProTune, ISO max 400, 1080 60fps wide, no post stabilization or color, no post speed changes, no smart shots, flown in Fly mode, slowest setting.

Reactions: RichWest
2 Days of flying and 6 Battery packs..then 8 hours Editing with GoPro Studio behind my laptop just to get 3:30 min of video for my little Project!! my back is killing me !!! Lol
But damn it was worth it!!
I think why it took me 2 days and so many hours is that I'm such an amature..I'm thinking someone with more experience then me would be a lot quicker and better results..but I'm having a great time learning
Iv never flown a Drone in my life till about 4 weeks ago when I got my Solo..but in those 4weeks and Iv learnt a lot from all of you guy on this awesom Forum ...I mean A LOT!!!!!!
Please keep up the good work :)

And it's the fist time flying with the Gimbla was over this weekend...so I'm kinda learning the Gimbal as I Flew! Iv never used GoPro Studio before either ..so I had to kinda figure that out as I went along!

GoPro H4 Silver 1080P @ 60fps Medium
Most of my clips Iv slowed down to 50%...

Enjoy

Fly Safe
Fly Smart
Fly 3DR
And Have Fun:)

Last edited:
I've posted this elsewhere, but I guess this is where it belongs. My first gimbal flight:

GP3+ Black, ProTune, ISO max 400, 1080 60fps wide, no post stabilization or color, no post speed changes, no smart shots, flown in Fly mode, slowest setting.

Nice Job Gilligan !! :)

Playing in the park. Shot in 2k, 60fps protune. Fisheye removal and edit with GoPro studio.

Just a couple quick shots on initial install, no real jitter unless I lean on the throttle pretty hard. put it on my second Solo and get a "solo gimbal not found" message. 3DR pretty sure its a gimbal control cable solder issue so RMA'd and will probably be replaced. Luckily its just the spare!

I made a short little cut yesterday of my son and I playing with the drone.

continuing my jitter eradication campaign at work yesterday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44