The gimbal video thread

I went out to fly Saturday and the wind was HOWLING. WindyTy told me it was 32 MPH, and I don't doubt that, with gusts higher.. I know you aren't supposed to fly with that wind, and I was really hesitant to fly, but was feeling my oats, and decided to give Solo2 the wind tunnel test between rain storms.

As it turns out, there wasn't much to see, as everybody else was hunkered down (even the birds) so I found myself looking for something interesting to video. The clouds whipping by was about the most interesting thing I saw, so I filmed that. Played back, it wasn't interesting...

Solo2 performed admirably, so I sped up the video 600%, stabilized it a little, gave it a dark feel, added some angst music to make an "End Is Near" type clip...

Sure it's lousy footage, but you work with what you got :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: nexxypoo
And here's my contribution.
I am new to video, being mainly focused on survey work to date. But hey, you gotta have a go right?
Open to critique (sound! I know it sux, next time i will mute it out).
(I notice it looks like the gimbal is slightly tilted over to the left (roll). I guess recalibrate it?)

Looks pretty good. I didn't notice the lean until the last scene.

And here's my contribution.
I am new to video, being mainly focused on survey work to date. But hey, you gotta have a go right?
Open to critique (sound! I know it sux, next time i will mute it out).
(I notice it looks like the gimbal is slightly tilted over to the left (roll). I guess recalibrate it?)
Nice video!! Smooth music always helps :) There are many, but a great place for royalty free background music is freemusicarchive.org

Horizon is a funny thing. I have thought my level was off a few times (especially with the "other" unit since they actually do have problems keeping the gimbal level) and had come to find later it was OK.
The best way to check is to level your unit, and look at something you know is level 30 ft or so away. I used a level on a 2x4 on saw horses. You might just be surprised that the level is OK, and the horizon (such as a steady sloping hill) is off :)

If the gimbal is off, try a carefull level calibration. They recommend doing this after gimbal install. You shouldn't need to do it often (I have done it twice, once on setup, and once after gimbal install) but be very careful to get it right (use a level and check every direction) when you do it.

More video!!

Nice video!! Smooth music always helps :) There are many, but a great place for royalty free background music is freemusicarchive.org

Horizon is a funny thing. I have thought my level was off a few times (especially with the "other" unit since they actually do have problems keeping the gimbal level) and had come to find later it was OK.
The best way to check is to level your unit, and look at something you know is level 30 ft or so away. I used a level on a 2x4 on saw horses. You might just be surprised that the level is OK, and the horizon (such as a steady sloping hill) is off :)

If the gimbal is off, try a carefull level calibration. They recommend doing this after gimbal install. You shouldn't need to do it often (I have done it twice, once on setup, and once after gimbal install) but be very careful to get it right (use a level and check every direction) when you do it.

More video!!
Had some fun last night:

Here is a quickie from an Autumn drive over the Wasatch mountain range. I used solo and feiyu tech G4 handheld gimbal.

Here is a quickie from an Autumn drive over the Wasatch mountain range. I used solo and feiyu tech G4 handheld gimbal.
Oops! I pasted the wrong video. ^^ that was shot with P2. Don't be mad!
Here it is:
Ground shots done with feiyu G4.

Catching the sea-mist rolling in.

neX:)

Why to people continue to record that awful motor/prop sound when flying. Either turn off sound on your camera, or get rid of it in post. Does this annoy any one else?

Why to people continue to record that awful motor/prop sound when flying. Either turn off sound on your camera, or get rid of it in post. Does this annoy any one else?
I don't like it myself but you can't turn the sound off on a GoPro. Gotta lose it or replace it in post.

Have you actually listened to it? No props, just beatz.
Why do people continue to whinge about amateur videographers just having a go?
Thx for the feedback ;)

j:)

ohhh aligator, i never been try aligator barbeque how the taste like?

It's about 7',,there's a 10'er roaming around here, been trying to find it.

Nice shooting David. How long is your pet? Did you try embedding the video here instead of the link?
You guys referring to my little set of tests if you were thank you I will keep you posted there is some extensive beach work planned unfortunately down here where the Kangaroos roam we get North-east winds during summer which is a total PIA.

I believe this was shot pre 1.3.0 update.

Reactions: RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea