Stirring the Pot

DJI in general or Best Buy policy?
Not a fan of either. Most of the time when I am looking for something, I will check the Best Buy website and they will have it and it says it's in the store. I go to our local store and they don't know what I'm even talking about. Usually I'll go to Fry's in Austin. They have everything you could imagine electronic or computer wise. I don't even check the website because I know it's there.
The problem is, finding it sometimes.

we're on the BLEEDING edge of the technology. just check kickstarter and indiegogo... more on the horizon. so far, based on 6mos research i have seen nothing in the price range that does what SOLO does, will do and who knows what else. it's solid, looks great and is SO responsive and i'm not eve talking about flying in manual. :) and using my go pro 4 black - not just on my SOLO, but hanging off dancers i'm filming.... editing is the easiest. i love my choice and am it in for the haul.

Yea I saw the lil white toy for sale in the ad online this week as well. Is anyone surprised, you knew Best Buy wasn't going to have any type of brand loyalty. Their the wal mart of electronics and carry anything quality or not, if they can make a few bucks from it. Actually parrot sadly was the "drone" in, into Best Buy if we really want to be specific. I've seen those there long before solo was scheduled for their shelves.

Even with my solo issues right now, my phantom still sits in a plastic container for when somebody thinks I'm going to let them fly my solo and gets handed a white controller instead.

I'm to the point where I feel Solo has reached Apple reliability ... I've been a Mac fan since I made the switch in 2011 - since that time, when someone asks me why I switched to Mac, I reply "because Apple just works" ...

Well Solo just works ... I am so impressed with its performance and reliability... My last trip I was blown away by the footage of palm trees swaying in the wind - super stable and lots of wow effect.

Anyway ... Yes, I whined, cried and complained; but I am happy I went with my gut and stuck with 3DR ... A lot of you here helped me and I thank you all!

Until the past two weeks mine too was rock solid since June 13th, I love it still, but don't get too comfy. I thought I had one of the ones without issues then one day boom issues. I still don't regret my decision and I'm sure 3dr will figure it out and get me going again, but for now I'm sol unfortunatley. Glad your having a great experience and I plan to be doing the same again soon.

I must confess ... I touched it. I picked up the box, shook it, sniffed it ... The propellers, and propeller guards - Touched that packaging too ...

Yes, I wrapped my hands around the exposed controller as well ... The three position switch was difficult to manipulate, and the finger wheel squeaked as I rotated between the stops... It just didn't feel right.

I feel dirty ...
Take a shower NOW!

I stopped by my local - Atlanta - camera shop ... A real photographer's haven ... They are stocking Solo and informed me the back order problems have resolved. 3DR sent the store 2 free Solos for sticking with them. I asked for a free Solo and they laughed ...
I wasn't kidding, but no one took me seriously.

In any event, Solo, gimbals, batteries and accessories ... It ass awesome!

I will never touch any Phantom box for as long as I live ...

Reactions: Adimuzio513
Yup mines the new kids training copter cause nobodies flying my new baby or the other woman as my old lady likes to call solo.

I was in Fry's the other day - an entire aisle of drones! This was just the toy drones for $40-$250. It is going to be crazy at Christmas.
The high end video drones are kept in another area by the cameras, they had one Phantom 3, an Iris+ and a Solo, and a bunch of batteries for everything but the Solo. They said they were expecting their inventory to quadruple in the next two weeks and would have a aisle dedicated to video drones.
As the owner of Phantoms, a Q500, and an Iris+ as well as the Solo, I welcome the competition and selection. I fly my P3P as often as my Solo and love them both.

I view the Phantoms as the old star athletes with stellar, near perfect careers and the Solo as the youngster with unlimited potential, but still needs training and maturity before it eclipses its predecessors and takes the spotlight. I enjoy being part of its evolution. And I will always respect DJI for paving the way and introducing this technology to the masses and making such amazing toys/tools available to the world.

I'm glad we don't all drive the same car.

I was in Fry's the other day - an entire aisle of drones! This was just the toy drones for $40-$250. It is going to be crazy at Christmas.
The high end video drones are kept in another area by the cameras, they had one Phantom 3, an Iris+ and a Solo, and a bunch of batteries for everything but the Solo. They said they were expecting their inventory to quadruple in the next two weeks and would have a aisle dedicated to video drones.
As the owner of Phantoms, a Q500, and an Iris+ as well as the Solo, I welcome the competition and selection. I fly my P3P as often as my Solo and love them both.

I view the Phantoms as the old star athletes with stellar, near perfect careers and the Solo as the youngster with unlimited potential, but still needs training and maturity before it eclipses its predecessors and takes the spotlight. I enjoy being part of its evolution. And I will always respect DJI for paving the way and introducing this technology to the masses and making such amazing toys/tools available to the world.

I'm glad we don't all drive the same car.
Never heard it put any better than that. Good job.

All of the 3DR stuff has been removed from my local BestBuy and replaced with DJI stuff.

What the...??

I stopped in Best Buy in search of a battery - wondering if the in-store simulator works yet - and this is what I see...
Very Sad! I had the P2v and it decided to fly away and never came home!
Now I have a Solo and so far I'm happy with it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado