Sounds like Phantom and Inspire will have smart shots next week

DJI released this today. Orbit (DJI term POI) works pretty well. The rest of its a total joke.

So the executive summary on DJI missions. First you go fly the mission and set way-points as you go. Can point the bird (yaw) but have NO camera tilt. No way to plan a mission without putting the bird in the air.

Once you have flown your mission you can save it and then re-fly them and in the future.

The actual result is unpredictable yaw so you really have no idea what you will get until you fly it. You can tilt the camera manually I guess but a far cry from what it should be. The good news is the firmware release works with 3rd Party SDK programs so if you want smart shots you can use them.

DJI locked it down to 500m too so cant created missions beyond that.

So @rrmccabe gives DJIs attempt two thumbs down !

Reactions: KRVer and GoodnNuff
DJI released this today. Orbit (DJI term POI) works pretty well. The rest of its a total joke.

So the executive summary on DJI missions. First you go fly the mission and set way-points as you go. Can point the bird (yaw) but have NO camera tilt. No way to plan a mission without putting the bird in the air.

Once you have flown your mission you can save it and then re-fly them and in the future.

The actual result is unpredictable yaw so you really have no idea what you will get until you fly it. You can tilt the camera manually I guess but a far cry from what it should be. The good news is the firmware release works with 3rd Party SDK programs so if you want smart shots you can use them.

DJI locked it down to 500m too so cant created missions beyond that.

So @rrmccabe gives DJIs attempt two thumbs down !

Well that sucks sorry to hear it, you've more than paid for your ticket to these abilities. Im sure you can bet most likley the next gen birds will have it, just sad that then it's another bird to buy. This new bird a year business model worked so long I was shocked and skeptical they would put much effort into this project when it's not selling a whole lot of new birds now. Guess it looks like they put in enough effort to say they made good on their promise and that's it.

Dji thinks every things still up to them but they have to realize if they don't step things up soon they will lose a lot of customers. There's a lot of phantom like competition and now for a few more bucks to have features dji period doesn't, plus upgrade ability could be trouble.

Eventually solo is going to be close to perfect for what it is since they seem to be working on every issue so I hope dji do fix their service and put out a new style bird that competes or even beats solo. If these two high tech, high dollar companies start battling wel have some amazing copters and even more eventually, especially with the personal issues these two groups have already to fuel the fire.

I can't even remember the last time if ever I used a warranty so if they do I'll likley own offerings from both. I also wouldn't mind seeing a 3dr copter a bit more inspire like with the features from solo and who knows what else. I think we're going to see both these companies doing things much faster paced and out doing each other with each release and can't wait to see where we are in a few years. Botched launch or not solo is starting a battle that benefits all involved.

Dam I gota cut down on these page posts sorry folks. Promise I'll cut em down some.

It's fine. The litchi app has been released and is fully functional with all the features I need. I did not start this thread but wanted share my results with DJI release. NOT impressed!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Glad to see even if dji didn't end up providing great smart type features they're still useable through third party apps.

I'm assuming litchi is only useable on p3s or could p2 possibly use some of these features as well?

Glad to see even if dji didn't end up providing great smart type features they're still useable through third party apps.

I'm assuming litchi is only useable on p3s or could p2 possibly use some of these features as well?

P2 as well. I cant tell you the any limitations it might have but they have been doing P2 a while.

Reactions: Adimuzio513
P2 as well. I cant tell you the any limitations it might have but they have been doing P2 a while.
May be worth a shot, this weekend p2s been used a lot more than my poor gimballess solo has. Think this weekends been the longest it's stayed on the ground since June.

Thanks

I'm thinking that they purposely dumbed down these features. Litchi and autopilot has these full fledge features but by using them you void your warranty if it crashes lol.

Does sound a bit like something they'd do especially since they seem to be upping their coverage and service somewhat from what I've heard, beside the full features will be a selling point for the next copters out the door. Any way it goes at least their available one way or another. Beside just being nice for dji guys it'll push 3dr to keep moving forward using these computers and pushing upgrades out to justify the price differences.

I'm thinking that they purposely dumbed down these features. Litchi and autopilot has these full fledge features but by using them you void your warranty if it crashes lol.

Probably right. What is odd with the update came a nice surprise for the advanced guys. They bumped the 1080 camera up to 2.7K !

Kinda frustrating for Pro owners as they are 1080 or 4K. Would be nice to have 2.7k. That is one plus for the GoPro crowd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig