Solo's little controller screen is blank.

Reaction score
Solo's little controller screen is blank, nothing but white light after recharge.
1. Short push of the power button show white light no information on the little screen.
2.Long push of the power button shows continuous white light, no information.
3. 1.1.12 FW installed.
4. Worked fine the day before then notice weird graphical glitches on the little screen that corrected itself after restart. Glitches such as, the solo logo appearing upside down when powering the controller. Broken graphical information appearing on the screen when I short push for battery level info.

Has anybody else experience anything like this? What did you do to resolve this? I'll post here before I send in a ticket to 3DR. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Solo's little controller screen is blank, nothing but white light after recharge.
1. Short push of the power button show white light no information on the little screen.
2.Long push of the power button shows continuous white light, no information.
3. 1.1.12 FW installed.
4. Worked fine the day before then notice weird graphical glitches on the little screen that corrected themselves after restart. Glitches such as, the solo logo appearing upside down when powering the controller. Broken graphical information the the screen when I short push for batter info.

Has anybody else experience anything like this? What did you do to resolve this? I'll post here before I send in a ticket to 3DR. Thanks for your help.
Haven't seen it, but you might try removing and replacing the Lipo battery to "hard" boot it?

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Haven't seen it, but you might try removing and replacing the Lipo battery to "hard" boot it?
Tried that. However, after I turned off the controller and let it sit for a few minutes, The telemetry screen is working again but the battery level screen still shows broken graphics. I will still send in a ticket to 3DR just to be safe. Thanks for your speedy reply.

Reactions: prowler9
Tried that. However, after I turned off the controller and let it sit for a few minutes, The telemetry screen is working again but the battery level screen still shows broken graphics. I will still send in a ticket to 3DR just to be safe. Thanks for your speedy reply.
Yahhh. If you unplugged the battery and it still is not right, it sounds like glitchy electronics. Could be a partially unplugged board, but the highest likelyhood is a new controller.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Sent controller back to 3DR. Now my wait begins.
The GOOD news is that all 3DR repair is stateside, and they are pretty good at getting things back quickly... Mine was a simple repair, but was less than a 2 week round trip including shipping both ways.

Yours may a be a bit longer...

The GOOD news is that all 3DR repair is stateside, and they are pretty good at getting things back quickly... Mine was a simple repair, but was less than a 2 week round trip including shipping both ways.

Yours may a be a bit longer...
Stateside you say. Well that's good news. Thanks for the info.

Controller just arrived at the San Diego California 3DRobotics location today.

I have the same issue. All the sudden a blank/white LCD screen. When you plug the charger in, screen lights up along with all the buttons. Saw a normal display for a second, then it was gone. Did you ever get yours back from 3DR?

I have the same issue. All the sudden a blank/white LCD screen. When you plug the charger in, screen lights up along with all the buttons. Saw a normal display for a second, then it was gone. Did you ever get yours back from 3DR?
Yes, they replaced my controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150