Solo Development Area

I should add, there's some very positive noises about Solo code in the future, with the suggestion there's some ex-3DR staff willing to help build on the existing non-Arducopter code so that once Solo is on Master it needn't just be the flight controller code that will evolve.

So I've got my fingers crossed.
this will make me happy :)

A question on the 2.1 "green" cube. When Solo is ready to run Arducopter Master, will we need to replace the OEM cube with the new cube?

So how was the capacitor changed? Higher value? Lower value? better ESR? wider temp operating range, better mounting? pixie dust?. Just saying that it was changed is useless to our knowledge base.
Knowing how it was changed would allow retrofit and would be a benefit to all.
And which one would be of interest too, there are many small SMD caps and one large 220uF 25V 85C electrolytic.

Last edited:
Ians post is why I am waiting, the new green cube for solo married to the master firmware seems the safest way to go.
and about as bleeding edge as I want to put my back up at risk for

The best "upgrade" you can make to your Solo is the 1.5.2 firmware. Close second is the mRo.
It's just a matter of time before you experience one of the problems fixed in 1.5.2...
I haven't kept up, but what problem does 1.5.2 fix?

Earlier in this thread I attached a text file with fixes and enhancements to the firmware. It's a DIY deal, since neither MP or APM2 cannot load for you.

Reactions: Jubalr
I will keep you updated on master, the cube is supposed to be here mid to late February. I know the new GPS modules are shipping now. So hopefully the cubes are not far behind.,

Reactions: mudbeast66
I am currently working on some of my own projects (early stages) but here are some others that I have found that may be interesting.

Official User Manual for 3DR Solo(Highly Recommended):
Solo User Manual | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Official 3DR Solo Development:
Introduction | 3DR Solo Development Guide

Open Source Projects used by 3DR:
Open-Source Components | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

Beginner's guide to Dronekit:
Idiot’s Guide To DroneKit-Python: A Journey To WHOZ CHILLIN | Daniel D. McKinnon

Dronekit Github Repo:
DroneKit · GitHub

Tower-Web:
GitHub - dronekit/tower-web: Example HTML5-based GCS built on Dronekit. Runs on desktops via Electron.

Target Landing (Using OpenCV to visually land on a moving target):
- https://github.com/squilter/target-land
- Demo Video

Realtime Earth:
GitHub - tcr3dr/demo-realtimeearth: Realtime Earth

DronePan Solo (Easily make a 360 degree panorama):
- GitHub - dbaldwin/DronePan-Solo: DronePan 360 Panorama Android App for 3DR Solo
- Hugin is currently the best open source software I found to stitch the images together. Please let me know if you find a better free alternative.

Horus - An Interactive Tool for Designing Quadrotor Camera Shots:
Horus: An Interactive Tool for Designing Quadrotor Camera Shots
GitHub - stanford-gfx/Horus: An Interactive Tool for Designing Quadrotor Camera Shots. Presented at SIGGRAPH Asia 2015.

How to stream Solo video (This will become obsolete soon once 3DR adds an API to handle this but for now this will do):
Post 1
Post 2

3DR Solo Official Kernel Source Code:
GitHub - 3drobotics/imx6-linux: Linux kernel for the i.mx6 boards

libsolocam.so Source Code:
solocam.c · GitHub
libsolocam.so supports only 720p grayscale · Issue #255 · 3drobotics/solodevguide · GitHub

VPU API:
GitHub - Freescale/libimxvpuapi: i.MX VPU API Library

Malicious Hacking (An emphasis on how important it is to keep your Solo secure):
- GitHub - hotelzululima/3DRSoloHacks: Want to play a few pranks on a 3dr Solo user?
- GitHub - MAVProxyUser/3DRSoloHacks: Want to play a few pranks on a 3dr Solo user?

Spooky - Wireless Distributed State Estimation of multiple tracked subjects:
GitHub - njoubert/spooky: Spooky is a system for Wireless Distributed State Estimation of multiple tracked subjects (mainly people and quadrotors), and control of multiple quadrotors, in a large-scale outdoor environment. It exposes an API using JSON over UDP for receiving state estimates of a multi-person multi-quadrotor system, and an API for quadrotor position control. Spooky supports the 3DRobotics Solo quadrotor, and provides custom hardware for person tracking. Named after the Quantum Entanglement phenomenon.

3DR Solo Github Projects:
Build software better, together

Sparse information about ArduPilot:
Includes information about installing a custom firmware for the PixHawk2 as well as brief general information about other controller modes.
3DR Solo (Developer Information) — Dev documentation
Good Stuff!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig