Solo Antenna Mods

Reaction score
I am on the fence about replacing the stock antennas on my Solo with either the half sphere helix antennas from FPVLR, or the ITELITE panel from DBS MODS. Have any of you been using either setup for any length of time, and what would your thoughts be on them? The stock antennas seem to be all over the place for me. I went out 2700' this morning in an area with no wifi noise, and yet with moderate noise, I sometimes can only get 200' or less. I would like a little more performance across the board. Any help would sure be appreciated.

i have the DBS Mods but haven't tried them yet

I don't have solo anymore but flew out of hole 2.1 miles with the dbs panel. Tony (FPVLR) makes good stuff as well. I used to use it on my vision + with excellent results.

I don't have solo anymore but flew out of hole 2.1 miles with the dbs panel. Tony (FPVLR) makes good stuff as well. I used to use it on my vision + with excellent results.
I also used Tony's antennas on my P2 when I had it, and was real happy with them. I am just trying to optimize my Solo with my funds available. That helps keep peace in the house...:)

i have the DBS Mods but haven't tried them yet
Was the DBS panel plug and play? Also, how was it as far as weight? It looks a lot heavier than those from FPVLR.

I have FPVLR and love it for what I need. You can see both my reviews by looking on my youtube page.
Thanks for the input. My ideal scenario would be stronger signals from about 200' up to about 800', and a better signal than stock offers up to about 3000'. Think FPVLR would fit the bill?

Thanks for the input. My ideal scenario would be stronger signals from about 200' up to about 800', and a better signal than stock offers up to about 3000'. Think FPVLR would fit the bill?
Watch my after install. I could not get very far at all. Now I have no problems going to the 1400-1500 feet here on the farm. And that's as far as I can see it so no further.

Just saw your reviews. Thanks for the input.
Your welcome. I can't explain why the solo would only go that far here. None of my DJI have never been able to go the distance around here. No I'm not fire balling the solo. It just would t go. FPVLR solved my issue. Just stinks I had to spend a extra 140 to fix its issue.

I had good results with my DBS Mods set up. I did take Solo straight up above my head to about 230 ft. and i was pointing the antenna at the ground. lost signal and Solo returned to home. I need to experiment with it a little more. I have the antenna from DSLR Pros on order.

Not sure about the panel haven't tried it but have heard good things, i do own the fpvlr kit and love it. It helps in every possible way it's not real directional I fly above my head and to either side easily and have perfect video and more precise controls. I've only been out about a thousand feet and up a little less than 400ft, just due to not being real confident yet with the issues some are having and haven't found a lot of good open spaces nearby since I normally fly Los. It still had plenty left in it though and I fly in mostly areas with rf interference and plenty of trees just cause that's what's around this area. I've not had a single Rth and am very impressed so far, I didn't expect it to help performance but it's made solo much more responsive too. Stocks have been tried once since, lasted 5 minutes landed and swapped back. Hope this helps fpvlr or DBS will give you the results your looking for it's just which you prefer I've not seen a cheaper setup with the results of these but some have had better luck than stocks. Good luck and safe flying

I had good results with my DBS Mods set up. I did take Solo straight up above my head to about 230 ft. and i was pointing the antenna at the ground. lost signal and Solo returned to home. I need to experiment with it a little more. I have the antenna from DSLR Pros on order.

Isn't the dslr and DBS very similar antennas or is this one different, I may try DBS one day or just get an amp for fpvlr would likley make more sense. The dslr I saw was just way too much cash after the few grand I've spent on solo accessories and upgrades to computer and such for this season anyway.

Reactions: Steve Huntley
Isn't the dslr and DBS very similar antennas or is this one different, I may try DBS one day or just get an amp for fpvlr would likley make more sense. The dslr I saw was just way too much cash after the few grand I've spent on solo accessories and upgrades to computer and such for this season anyway.
I am wanting to keep my setup as clean and simple as I can. That is how I did my Phantom 2, and was real happy with it for what I wanted to do. Much thanks to all who responded with their opinions and experiences. I think I will go with the fpvlr setup because of the reviews from everywhere I have checked. Also, I just like the look of it vs the DBS on the controller. After I get it in and do a test, I will let you know the results. Thanks again, and keep 'em flying.....

I also used Tony's antennas on my P2 when I had it, and was real happy with them. I am just trying to optimize my Solo with my funds available. That helps keep peace in the house...:)
I know what you mean brother.....when the wife's happy, everybody's happy! ;)
I have the DBSMod panel. It is plug and play.
Unscrew the rubber duckies and connect the supplied cables for the panel. It is made for the Phantom and comes with a mount bracket which I did not use. I put some good heavy duty Velcro on the upper portion of the panel and the other half on the front of the Tablet mount on the controller. The panel is very lite.

Yesterday I ordered the FPVLR kit and I plan on mounting it the same way using the same mount point as the DBSMods. It could use the same cables as the DBSMods antennas well.

I like the way the FPVLR kit looks (although it's kinda like putting boobs on your controller) as it is more streamlined.
The DBSMods panel only comes in white.

I know what you mean,Raybro. The fpvlr setup looks a lot more like it was made for the controller than the dbs in white. What kind of results are you having with the panel antenna?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44