Solo and Tower

Not sure about Gimbal control in Tower at this point. Pause will take you out of a mission while flying. If you upload a mission, it is just sitting in memory. If you don't want to use it you don't put it in 'Auto' mode. The next mission you upload will overwrite the previous one.

Thanks!

And to be clear, so w/out gimbal Solo itself will be angled "nose/cam in" when in curcle mode?

Lastly, David Weston mention "a simulated" flight in tower. How is that doen, David? Thanks again!

Thanks!

And to be clear, so w/out gimbal Solo itself will be angled "nose/cam in" when in curcle mode?

Lastly, David Weston mention "a simulated" flight in tower. How is that doen, David? Thanks again!
Circle is nose in by default. Don't know if that can be changed.

And Dave thanks for kind words but you did all the work. All I did was tell you what tools.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Video to Black Pearl from controller works fine while connected to Solo with tower.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Sorry for the shakey video.....no gimbal:eek:

Last edited:
Not sure about Gimbal control in Tower at this point. Pause will take you out of a mission while flying. If you upload a mission, it is just sitting in memory. If you don't want to use it you don't put it in 'Auto' mode. The next mission you upload will overwrite the previous one.
I would think gimbal control will work in tower. I know it does with Ground Station from that other company. Since it is probably operating on different channels from control and video. At least I hope it works. That's the key to the whole enchilada....camera control.

You know what doesn't work with tower? Missions that were planned in Mission Planner.

My last mission was over with the solo safely on the ground while tower was 5 minutes behind "heading to waypoint 38" and "altitude 90 meters".
Woa.

You should post that at DIYdrones.com in the Solo group so the developers see that. That's a weird bug.

Also, re run the mission and see if it happens again.

Woa.

You should post that at DIYdrones.com in the Solo group so the developers see that. That's a weird bug.

Also, re run the mission and see if it happens again.

Have you ran a mission planned in Mission Planner with a different result in Tower? Every time I have tried has led to the same results. Seems the devs would know about it.

Have you ran a mission planned in Mission Planner with a different result in Tower? Every time I have tried has led to the same results. Seems the devs would know about it.
No I have not used Mission Planner with the Solo. But it's being done (and discussed) on diydrones. First I've noticed someone say they couldn't get it working with Mission Planner. You should post there. (be prepared to be asked for your logs. Easy to get but if you don't have them, post anyway.

I NEED HELP WITH TOWER: This has to do with Google satellite maps not fully appearing in Tower.

I am using the Samsung Tab S (with NO data plan) as my dedicated display. Here is whats going on or NOT going on as it were.

1. Before heading out to a flying field 7 miles from my home, in my living room I power up Solo, then turn on the transmitter, make sure the Tab S is connected to the Solo wireless hot-spot, then open the Solo app. In the Solo app I view the Google maps, find the location Im going to fly, then "Save" the map within the Solo app.

2. I can launch Tower simultaneously while Solo App is running as well, and in the Google maps display in Tower, sometimes the Google maps only partially load.

If I''m out in the flying field, everything ready to go, when I launch Tower, the flying field only displays the Google Earth maps view from a satellite altitude of about 1000 feet up. It will NOT let me zoom cin to teh max sat view which appears to be a resolution of approx 50 feet altitude. I'm sure Google posts exactly what the max "zoom in" on the say maps are.

Am I doing something wrong here?

What doesn't Tower use the "off line" maps I previously saved in the Solo app?

Is there a way to "tell" Tower to use the saved maps (saved in the Solo app) once at the actually flying location?

Thanks for any insights!

Don't have an answer but tower appears to just used to Google cache method and of course the Solo maps although Google rely on using the Solo save function.

I have not been saving the maps in Google with Tower. Course I have just been flying from home. I have just been zooming in to get the data and it seemed to stay.

However like I said, the Solo has not left the house. So I am not a good test.

Tower is very cool but need to be brought into the modern software era.

Im not sure if this has anything to do wth it but I have the same set-up as you. After I "connect" to Solo and I believe it's when I Upload a mission it asks if I want to "Delete cached maps". I always say yes. Only other thing I can think of is that the map area, ie size is more than can be accommodated. I always check my area and make sure that it covers the area I am in by a large margin but do not try to take in miles and miles of territory. Raining at the moment but will post again and see if I can help you out. Have 10 successful TOWER missions,,,and one near disaster.

Lower the shields 'Scotty!
Parameter in Tower for continuing mission when ground station disconnects:

FS_GCS_ENABLE = 2
0 - Disabled
1 - Enabled always RTL
2 - Enabled Continue with Mission in Auto Mode

Just throwing that out.

In Mission planner it is in initial setup >
  • Connect your flight controller to the mission planner and select Initial Setup >> Mandatory Hardware >> Failsafe.
  • Set the Failsafe Options to one of the three options:
        • “Enabled always RTL” to force the vehicle to always RTL even if flying a mission in AUTO mode
        • “Enabled Continue with Mission in AUTO” to allow the vehicle to continue with missions even if it takes the vehicle outside of RC range (not recommended). In all other cases the vehicle will RTL.
        • “Enable always LAND” to force the vehicle to Land immediately if it loses RC contact

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig