Solex defaults to Australia

Reaction score
Hello all - First off, amazing site board! I have learned a lot and still have much more to go. I went ahead and got the Solex app, it is awesome. As I have been playing around with the settings more I came across one I can't find any information on. While connected to Solo under Vehicle settings > Controller there are three Options. First being UOM, I have that set to imperial. Second is Mode. Unknown, Mode 1 and Mode 2 are the options. It defaults to Mode 2 so that is where I left it. The last option is Country. It defaults to Australia. Since I am in the west suburbs of Chicago, I changed this to United States but I don't see a way to save this setting. When I change it I get a message that says you will have to re-connect and I select Yes. When I back out of the app then go back in, it shows Australia again. This has not effected my flying or performance of Solo but I am speculating it should be set to the US. My two questions are: What is the Modes for and how do I get the setting to stay at United States? Thanks again for all the great information. Hoping someone on here can help with these two noob questions.

UOM is your unit of measure. So lets you choose between meters and feet being displayed on your controller. I'm pretty sure "Mode 1" and "Mode 2" refer to swapping the controls around, not 100% sure as I haven't done this, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Not sure about the country selection or if it even matters.

Even though it is set to Australia I have not seen any performance issues, everything seems to be working as it should. My thought however is the option is there for a reason and as I start to explore additional functionality within the app (Orbit, follow me, etc) I can't help to think this Country setting could come into play. I guess for now I will see how it goes and report back if I can get it to stay at the US setting.

Yeah, maybe when the controller is set to "Australia" the Orbit mode becomes "Boomerang" mode... :p
The only thing I can see it changing is the default UOM and maybe the internal clock.

Last edited:
Hello all - First off, amazing site board! I have learned a lot and still have much more to go. I went ahead and got the Solex app, it is awesome. As I have been playing around with the settings more I came across one I can't find any information on. While connected to Solo under Vehicle settings > Controller there are three Options. First being UOM, I have that set to imperial. Second is Mode. Unknown, Mode 1 and Mode 2 are the options. It defaults to Mode 2 so that is where I left it. The last option is Country. It defaults to Australia. Since I am in the west suburbs of Chicago, I changed this to United States but I don't see a way to save this setting. When I change it I get a message that says you will have to re-connect and I select Yes. When I back out of the app then go back in, it shows Australia again. This has not effected my flying or performance of Solo but I am speculating it should be set to the US. My two questions are: What is the Modes for and how do I get the setting to stay at United States? Thanks again for all the great information. Hoping someone on here can help with these two noob questions.

Leave your Mode setting to Mode2 if you swap it to Mode1 that will reverse your controls like your throttle in Mode2 is on the left side of the controller
and with Mode1 it puts it on the right side. Believe it, you will get a surprise if you try to fly in Mode1 since all of the controls are reversed. There are
different Modes in some other quadcopters like Mode3 and Mode4 I have one that has all four modes and got a surprise once flying my other quad
and had inadvertently hit the wrong switch in flight which switched from Mode2 to Mode1. The temptation is great to tinker with the settings and
sometimes "curiosity kills the cat" do some research before fixing it when it's not broken.;)

The country setting you're seeing is related to the wifi power. Nothing to do with units of measure or controller mode. It is only used to change it. The application has no way to actually read and determine what you have it set for, so the fact that it says Australia doesn't actually mean that is what it's set for. The app just gives you the opportunity to change it. It will always say Australia since the list is sorted alphabetically.

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
The country setting you're seeing is related to the wifi power. Nothing to do with units of measure or controller mode. It is only used to change it. The application has no way to actually read and determine what you have it set for, so the fact that it says Australia doesn't actually mean that is what it's set for. The app just gives you the opportunity to change it. It will always say Australia since the list is sorted alphabetically.
So that's a "no" on the boomerang mode? :D

So that's a "no" on the boomerang mode? :D

"RTL" is Murican for "Boomerang Mode" :)

This has been a pretty prevalent question in various places, "Why does it keep defaulting to Australia?" That's because the app doesn't have a way of asking the TX what its current setting is, and "Australia" is the first item in the list. At one point I thought about saving the TX selection locally as a preference and using that the next time the screen was opened. It would still default to Australia the first time you saw it, but would default to whatever you set after that. I think I might do that just to avoid the confusion this is causing. It's going on the list for the next update.

Thanks,
Kelly

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
I think the proper solution would be to have it default to "Ireland". That way when people crash their drones whether it be due to a "bad landing", a "fly away", or "other", the can claim that the drone was set to "Ireland" and therefore was obviously drunk...... and THAT'S what caused the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado