Shooting Still Pics

I think it is curious that the vid+photo mode is 3840x2160 resolution. The hero 4 black maxes out at 1440p in vid+photo. If what you are saying about the 1080 mode is true, then I woUld assume the 1440 vid+photo mode would capture a 12mp photo being that it is 4:3. From personal experience though I have not had good results in this mode. It actually looked worse than a 720p frame grab...could have been my light levels, but all in all photo+video has not worked well for me.

yes you are right about 1440, i only tried 1080.

vid+photo 1440 wide: 4000x3000 12MP *same as photo mode 12MP

Last edited:
You can use the beta of tower on android to trigger full Rez GoPro photos, switch to video mode stop/start recirding, switch back, see a live feed and tilt the gimbal with your finger. Just tried it today

Sweet!
I'm an IOS apple guy, so I guess I have to wait ...

So when is the full integration happening?

i'm hoping for additional gopro integration in the 10/3 update. there will be more updates in october and november that adds features as well. i'm very curious to see what the UI portion looks like that lets you switch modes and settings.

Actually... There is an easy way if you want the perfect shot. Just shoot video. When you pull it in and convert the file in GoPro Studio, you can then select the perfect frame and export a picture under File > Export > Still Image. Give it a name and desired size and viola! Saves a lot of space on the camera, and you can always get the best shot.
from what I was told by a photographor is that your quality is waybetter then taking the picture if thats what your after when extracting an image from a video file it isnt as good..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso