Save Flight Path

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been covered but I need to fly my drone for a night shot so I want to go out in the day and do a pre-flight so all I have to do is load it up and fly it without any issues of hitting anything.

How do I save the flight?
How do I call that flight back up when I want to actually record?

Thanks!

You want to use Multi Point Cable Cam. Create a route you like during the day and it will be saved for future use like at night.

So to call up a saved shot you just go into the smart shot screen and there will be a button called Saved Shots. That is how you bring up a saved shot to use later.

So to call up a saved shot you just go into the smart shot screen and there will be a button called Saved Shots. That is how you bring up a saved shot to use later.
Does every flight automatically get saved? Is there a way to name each flight?

It seems like every cable cam shot gets saved. You can rename them and also delete ones you don’t want.

Do make sure you have a night waiver. And the proper anti-collision lighting. But yeah, saved MPCC is the way to go.

Reactions: kabonski
There is no restriction for someone flying as a hobbyist not to fly at night. In fact the AMA sponsors plenty of night activities.
Hmm- guess I thought it applied to everybody- thanks for the clarification.
Another example of the f***ed up FAA bureaucracy.:eek:

That is correct, only 107's are stuck with the restriction(s). Pre-flight during the day for a night shot is a great idea.

Sorry. Assumed from the phrasing of "need to get a night shot" that it was for usage other than for fun or enjoyment. (the FAA's bar for commercial use)

My bad.

That is correct, only 107's are stuck with the restriction(s). Pre-flight during the day for a night shot is a great idea.
I'm flying at someone's house and I have permission from the owners so regardless I would be good I would think. Thanks for all the helpful info guys, I will make sure to come back to post if I can't figure something out :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44