Questions for those that own both a Solo and either a P3 or P4?

Besides, the foam case holds no extra battery, no room for tablet, etc.
If you are talking about the P4 foam case you are wrong. It holds two extra batteries and my Nexus 7. Here is pic

Attachments

• IMG_3891.JPG
    IMG_3891.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
If you are talking about the P4 foam case you are wrong. It holds two extra batteries and my Nexus 7. Here is pic

Sure it does. But doesn't hold your charger too. And yes, it holds a small tab. And not much else. I prefer the hard case. No concerns about flying it, throwing it into a van with other production gear, and no concern about static (yes, I realize DJI claims it is anti-static foam). Moreover, there are other parts to the system needed for what I want to achieve, and I'd rather not be jigsaw-puzzling my parts back into the case each time I fly, or have an assistant working with me.

Attachments

• DSC09845.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC09842.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 7
Sure it does. But doesn't hold your charger too. And yes, it holds a small tab. And not much else. I prefer the hard case. No concerns about flying it, throwing it into a van with other production gear, and no concern about static (yes, I realize DJI claims it is anti-static foam). Moreover, there are other parts to the system needed for what I want to achieve, and I'd rather not be jigsaw-puzzling my parts back into the case each time I fly, or have an assistant working with me.
Yup holds charger and charging cord as well. But yes it is like a jigsaw but that is the sacrifice to have a smaller package. If space is not a big issue, then the hard case as you suggested is the way to go. I will use foam case and backpack for when I hike, and then get a hard case for when I want to toss it in the car or go on plane.

Are either of them capable of flight in a "Drift Mode" making them able to make banked turns with one stick. I really enjoy flying a Pixhawk FC with drift mode, it is a blast at high speed and smooth when slow and filming.
I tried "drift" with Solo Yes it looks like it 'could' work, but it doesn't incorporate Alt-hold, so the left stick needs to be used more, and it looks like what was YAW is now ROLL. other then that it did make nice slow coordinated turns for me.

What I think we need to do is request a new flight mode. One that is much like APM Drift, but includes alt-hold. :) if enough of us request, maybe.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150