Pilot App question

Reaction score
Hi All,

I don't yet have a Solo but am looking to buy one.

My question - If I've lost sight of the Solo while flying it and would like to fly it back to me rather than use the 'Return to Home' feature, does the pilot app give me the two pieces of info I need, which are 1) which way the nose of the copter is facing and 2) my location (or 'home' location) relative to the Solo on the map?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary, I have asked that question on another forum but still have no answer. I'm like most of us....that haven't gone to Best Buy, and awaiting my preorder. Looking through the manual and some of the pictures, in the map view in the app it shows a curser that looks like it shows the position of the nose. I would want to know myself in case I lost sight of it.

Yes. On the map there is a triangle that shows where the Solo is and which way it is pointing. There is also a dot which represents you.

Reactions: Raybro
Thank you!

This video also seems to confirm ...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Best,
Gary

I don't have a GoPro yet so on my few flights I just use the map for orientation,, so yes like the video above shows, it does give ya the direction of the SOLO.

Do you feel like the iPad mini would be better to use? I'll be buying something specifically for SOLO use... which do you think would work best of all the options? Samsung? Mini 2 or Mini 3?

Do you feel like the iPad mini would be better to use? I'll be buying something specifically for SOLO use... which do you think would work best of all the options? Samsung? Mini 2 or Mini 3?
The 7 inch size is good, but before you consider iPad/iOS vs Android, I think your first criteria for selecting a tablet should be visibility in direct sunlight.

I use an iPad Mini (retina) and its OK, but I know there are some tablets out there that are easier to see on bright sunny days.

I've had to build a sunshade out of card board and I will get the anti glare screen protector. Right now its workable, but not ideal on sunny days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig