Not happy with 3DR Support

Acro, unfortunately I think you are right. But overwhelmed is no excuse in todays world, at least that is what we hear about their competitors. If they are overwhelmed now with the moderate amount of solo's that have been sold, what will service be like when there are tens of thousands sold? I think seven weeks without a resolution for a gimbal issue is pretty sad.
Thanks for your Support there yes I think it's a bit outrageous, but what's really annoying is the bloody product is good, it's a damm good aircraft and it's built in features are fantastic, all I want to do is damm well fly and take pictures that's what I bought it for, and I can't.

If you're on Facebook and you don't get this resolved for say next Monday then post there and I'll tag in Vu who's 3DR's support director to see if he can move things along.

Yes Thanks Ian I will do that i had some communication with them yesterday,
Leo (3D Robotics)

Nov 10, 11:03 PM

Hello John

We are really sorry for the Inconvenience, I verify the information on your RMA # RFR092915140476, I send an update request to our RMA department, they are close now, I will reply to you with an answer tomorrow

Best regards

Leo Sanz
3DR Technical Support
Supporting you 24/7.

Its 10:26 am here now and not a word.
So we might contact you next Monday which will make it 8 weeks very painful, I looked at your facebook and noticed you have an external GPS receiver on board Solo did that improve things?

If you're on Facebook and you don't get this resolved for say next Monday then post there and I'll tag in Vu who's 3DR's support director to see if he can move things along.

Thanks Ian will do as of Thursday night I have an email stating they are waiting for a response from the RMA department so will see what happens tomorrow, I doubt very much.

I thought you sold yours.
No not me. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the solo. I have had a ton of quads, phantoms, walkera, customs built by me and my favorite quad was my pixhawk and still have two pixhawk FC's that I am thinking of building a new DIY quad. So I decided to get Solo a shot. I was extremely happy with it until I bought the gimbal. The gimbal has soured me a bit and I just wish they had better quality control. At a price tag of$500, I have NO idea how you can ship a gimbal that fails out of the box? I was getting a flashing red light from start, no green, no orange/yellow, straight blinking red.

No not me. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the solo. I have had a ton of quads, phantoms, walkera, customs built by me and my favorite quad was my pixhawk and still have two pixhawk FC's that I am thinking of building a new DIY quad. So I decided to get Solo a shot. I was extremely happy with it until I bought the gimbal. The gimbal has soured me a bit and I just wish they had better quality control. At a price tag of$500, I have NO idea how you can ship a gimbal that fails out of the box? I was getting a flashing red light from start, no green, no orange/yellow, straight blinking red.

I got a horrible feeling about all this I reckon I should have kept my original gimbal and done my own mod on the vision cause that's all that was wrong with it.....I hear all these other story's about it jumping and not locking and Led problems, what am I going to get as a replacement??? God this is not good.

I got a horrible feeling about all this I reckon I should have kept my original gimbal and done my own mod on the vision cause that's all that was wrong with it.....I hear all these other story's about it jumping and not locking and Led problems, what am I going to get as a replacement??? God this is not good.
Hang in there John- it'll work out!:D

Cut your lost. Go buy a Yuneec 4k Typhoon with two batteries and a free case and handheld gimbal.....For people who just want to have fun, The Yuneec makes more sense....no headaches.....

Yes Thanks a bit late now and three grand down the tube.

John,

I'm following this thread and your story closely. You should be receiving better service from 3dr for sure. Maybe Ian will poke a few folks and get the ball rolling a bit faster. If I were the CEO of 3dr (I've been the CEO of a few companies in my career) I'd be sending you a whole new setup just to put it all to bed. You'd definitely appreciate it and make sure everyone knew how 3dr took care of you. I truly hope you get some satisfactory resolution soon. This is taking way too long to resolve.

Jerry

John,

I'm following this thread and your story closely. You should be receiving better service from 3dr for sure. Maybe Ian will poke a few folks and get the ball rolling a bit faster. If I were the CEO of 3dr (I've been the CEO of a few companies in my career) I'd be sending you a whole new setup just to put it all to bed. You'd definitely appreciate it and make sure everyone knew how 3dr took care of you. I truly hope you get some satisfactory resolution soon. This is taking way too long to resolve.

Jerry
My guess is it's a logistical problem. Same thing most of us went through when gimbal and Solo were released. I'm sure they are doing what they can do at 3DR support.

My guess is it's a logistical problem. Same thing most of us went through when gimbal and Solo were released. I'm sure they are doing what they can do at 3DR support.

Ray,

I love you Brother but I disagree with you on this one. You and I talked about the "superior" support that we'd get from 3dr when we looked at making the switch from the "white" guys. What John has received from 3dr at this point is far from anything close to "superior" support. Very subpar. I still love you though!:)

Jerry

Reactions: Bigskyflyer
Ray,

I love you Brother but I disagree with you on this one. You and I talked about the "superior" support that we'd get from 3dr when we looked at making the switch from the "white" guys. What John has received from 3dr at this point is far from anything close to "superior" support. Very subpar. I still love you though!:)

Jerry
We'll agree to disagree. I don't think they're out there to piss him off intentionally. I've seen lots of posts where they have gone out of their way to keep folks happy. I think things fall through the cracks sometimes.

Raybro, I think most would agree that the solo/gimbal issue was anything but logistical. It was a matter of putting the cart before the horse in a very large way.

John,

Jerry
Vu Tran's Page

We'll agree to disagree. I don't think they're out there to piss him off intentionally. I've seen lots of posts where they have gone out of their way to keep folks happy. I think things fall through the cracks sometimes.
I don't think anyone implied that anything was intentional. I just don't think they are prepared to deal with the product they released. It is obviously not in a state where it can be sold in high numbers and function. I would like to see the first pass yields on these gimbals. I have seen a ton of issues, everything from cabling, weights, communication errors, faults.

I will admit, I NEVER had a problem with the white guys gimbal. I have had many and have never had this kind of disappointment. The problem here is I want it to work so, so bad. I love the product, just disappointed with the quality and issues to date and I think a lot of people agree, their customer service is not what we thought it would be. They seem very overwhelmed by issues and problems and cannot keep up. Thats not a good look for a company.

Okay Brother! I remember a few curt words coming from your direction when the gimbal wasn't showing up. The bottom line is we went with 3dr and the Solo because it was a modular, open-source system coming from an American company with a much better support system. For this situation to have playing out for eight weeks now is unacceptable, in my humble opinion.

I ordered 4 motor pods on the 5th of November, they charged my Paypal account on the 6th. Never heard a word from them after that. No real biggie, I can still fly. Called yesterday and was told that they were "in process". Had no idea when they would actually ship. There was also a slight communication barrier which surprised me a bit. I get we're pulling all of this stuff from China but it's not rocket science to set up an American distribution center here in the states when your primary customer is here. Same for the Aussies. I also remember a day when I didn't pay for something until I actually had it in my hands.

Spilled milk I suppose but I'm not going to let up on my original convictions. 3rd won't get a pass in my book when they're not living up to their commitments. Every company on the face of the earth makes mistakes. This one should be extremely easy to clear up. $3k and the guy can't fly a fully functioning bird for 8 weeks? Unacceptable in my eyes.

Agree to disagree, Brother!

Jerry

Reactions: seansolo
Agree to disagree.....
bang+head+here.bmp

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150