Not happy with 3DR Support

Reaction score
Sanctuary Point South Coast NSW Australia.
Hi all, I would just like to say that after a good start from 3DR Support as time goes on I am becoming less impressed.
I had a Gimbal which did not allow Video to be sent to the Pilot it was Faulty.
I contacted Support who put me through the questionnaire about the Typical problems that could be overlooked, as a Television Post Production Editor I am somewhat Technically Orientated.
Support finally agreed that it was a Faulty Gimbal and organised the Gimbal to be sent back.
Support did an excellent job in that area as I am in Australia its a little more awkward to get it returned but they did nearly everything, being told by the specific Person at support that I would be looking at a 2 to 3 week turnaround this I thought was wonderful.
That was 7 and a bit weeks ago and now support will not even answer my emails, if there is someone out there that has anything to do with 3DR please do something because a lot of people are losing confidence in what I thought was a great company to deal with, as each day goes by I am getting to the point of selling my Solo because I am grounded. John Hill Australia.

Reactions: J R
an Email from 3DR Last week, one of many but this was the last one.
Vincent (3D Robotics)

Nov 3, 9:29 AM

Hello Jonh,

Everything is set up of that and that orde should be going out I'm estimating that we should have the tracking number by no longer than Friday.
It's was updated on yesterday so that's why we know it should got out in the next days.

I'm sorry for all this delays, if you have any questions let me know.

Regards.

Thanks,
Vincent Marquez
Customer Service Advocate
3D Robotics
Supporting you 24/7
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

Please stop the emails at this point. One phone call every other day. They will address this form of communication much more quickly.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks David, yes I had to return the original so that they could determine whether it should be replaced or repaired, I understand you when you say you have had good treatment, I too had excellent service from them up to and including the return of the Gimbal to the states, and it upsets me to have to say what I said because I think the Company is on a winner, truth known it's probably turned out far better than expected, but my complaint has been being told now for 3 weeks that I will get tracking information by the following Friday , last week I was told that the paper work had been cited and it would definatly be on its way by last Friday, that's the last I have heard from them.
I realise by the many comments I have read and heard that I am not the only one, but I am hoping the company comes out of it without to much damage, because as I have said I think they have a winner, I mean it's not my first machine I have flown many brands and as soon as the Solo took off I said Wow what a platform for shooting( I didn't have the Gimbal from day one) anyway we wait and see what happens. Cheers, JH.

Its pretty sad when you have to get the support director to move things along.

I will admit, the support they offer to their customers is atrocious. I sent them an email when my gimbal had start up issues. Received a confirmation email stating they will respond, and never got a response. I got fed up and took the gimbal back to the retailer and THEY were nice enough to help me. +1 for retailer, -1 for 3DR. I want to like them so much because I love their products, but at the same time I am so scared to invest anymore because of terrible customer service.

It's not sad at all, the fact a director even takes to Facebook to help people out, shows the company cares and tries to be hands on and helpful, there are times when it can help to escalate specific problems if things aren't moving along. An RMA taking 2 or 3 weeks in fine, if it's taking 6-7 weeks or more then that is a problem.

What's happening here is that the service is excellent, but they are simply overwhelmed. Naturally, this makes the overall service experience less than exemplary.

Reactions: Wookspy
Its pretty sad when you have to get the support director to move things along.

I will admit, the support they offer to their customers is atrocious. I sent them an email when my gimbal had start up issues. Received a confirmation email stating they will respond, and never got a response. I got fed up and took the gimbal back to the retailer and THEY were nice enough to help me. +1 for retailer, -1 for 3DR. I want to like them so much because I love their products, but at the same time I am so scared to invest anymore because of terrible customer service.
I have had a much different experience.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

It should not get to a directors level to look after routine support problems. Further more the support TEAM should be treating everyone equal. The director cannot help everyone, so where does that leave everyone waiting for a response? I never got one. I don't care how overwhelmed you are by a product that at this point we know shouldn't have been released. I didn't get support. End of story.

Then you are in the major minority
Maybe I am. But that doesn't leave a very good taste in my mouth after spending $500 Canadian on a gimbal that didn't work out of the box and I know I am not the only one. The troubleshooting instructions did not leave much to be desired either. Told me to contact support who did not respond. In the end, I should have received a response without having to go to a Facebook page, post my problem and hope a director visits the page and helps me. Am I wrong?

If you're on Facebook and you don't get this resolved for say next Monday then post there and I'll tag in Vu who's 3DR's support director to see if he can move things along.

Thanks for your help! John has been waiting an awfully long time so do you think you ring Vu sooner?
Not trying to meddle- just want to help my friend John!:D

It should not get to a directors level to look after routine support problems. Further more the support TEAM should be treating everyone equal. The director cannot help everyone, so where does that leave everyone waiting for a response? I never got one. I don't care how overwhelmed you are by a product that at this point we know shouldn't have been released. I didn't get support. End of story.
I thought you sold yours.

Reactions: pyrate
Thanks guys for your help I got some sort of response from someone else yesterday but because support was closed he couldn't go any further so I guess I will hear something today, there is a real mixed feeling in all this which is interesting, I do hope someone high up the chain of Command at 3dr takes note because all this is going to lead to bad promotion for the Company which is not what they want at this point, yes I do agree they possibly shouldn't have released but I think the seeds had been sown and a follow up was required as you all know there are several machines out there with lots of promises and are about to be released or released next year which could sway potential customers so 3 DR have to do something about retaining and looking after their existing clientele cause they are the future sales people who spread the word.
One other thing that adds a bit of insult to all this is that the state of the Assie Dollar at the moment . I forked out $3000 for my Solo, Gimbal ,extra battery, and backpack case, the Gimbal alone sells for just under $700 less freight so there is an additional reason for me feeling the way I do.

Last edited:
Thanks matey but anything from Australia cost money and the meter starts reading from the first pickup so you don't want to be put on hold for 20 mins I think emails are working they can always ring me if they need to.
Ouch, I'm sorry. I thought it would be toll free from anywhere!

What's happening here is that the service is excellent, but they are simply overwhelmed. Naturally, this makes the overall service experience less than exemplary.
Acro, unfortunately I think you are right. But overwhelmed is no excuse in todays world, at least that is what we hear about their competitors. If they are overwhelmed now with the moderate amount of solo's that have been sold, what will service be like when there are tens of thousands sold? I think seven weeks without a resolution for a gimbal issue is pretty sad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150