Not happy with 3DR Support

Well I got nothing from the buggers so we enter into week 8 not very impressed.......

Waiting is something I been doing with 3dr since May when I placed my preorder. Got everything but my gimbal and free battery. Seven months loads of emails and phone calls never received gimbal. Got to the point I had chewed some workers out including managers in verifications department with nothing getting done. What worked for me was speaking with someone in a different department (customer service advocate) who spoke to there manager and got my problem resolved. Basically I returned my entire order for a full refund. From the time of solos release I've been met with so much disappointment. I hope 3dr gets there act together! Hopefully you get your gimbal back soon and in working order. Best of luck.

Waiting is something I been doing with 3dr since May when I placed my preorder. Got everything but my gimbal and free battery. Seven months loads of emails and phone calls never received gimbal. Got to the point I had chewed some workers out including managers in verifications department with nothing getting done. What worked for me was speaking with someone in a different department (customer service advocate) who spoke to there manager and got my problem resolved. Basically I returned my entire order for a full refund. From the time of solos release I've been met with so much disappointment. I hope 3dr gets there act together! Hopefully you get your gimbal back soon and in working order. Best of luck.

Hi matey Wow that's a big concern, how did you buy your Machine in the first place through a dealer/ Distributers or direct but Seven months that's distugusting, so did you take it all back and that's it or do you know have a complete flying machine, yes I got to agree I think they have a genuine problem and they need to get there act together, thanks for that. John.

DJI has actually been improving their CS lately. They seem to be learning from their mistakes. Hopefully 3DR will also improve as they go through their growing pains.

I sincerely hope they do because they are quickly going to get a bad reputation which is going to reflect in there sales although it doesn't seem to effect DJI, but I feel with 3Dr that Solo has become bigger than first expected and they have had a succession of bid problems with the Gimbal, but a bit of communication from them wouldn't go astray.

Here's a quick example. An order for a motor pod was placed for me on Nov 6. It is coming from Shenzhen China. I am pretty sure it is "somewhere" but UPS has not received it yet. When they do I will know (UPS Worldwide Express).
Like a lot of us David we have all had dealings with China, Hong Kong etc they can get it spot on when they want to or it can be a slow boat but a gentle reminder that a dispute is about to be raised with paypal very quickly gets action out of them quick smart, don't want the black marks against them so the freight issue is known unfortuneatly Australia is just that bit further and our own customs dept have a mind of their own, but hopefully soon I will see a gimbal maybe. John.

Hi all, I would just like to say that after a good start from 3DR Support as time goes on I am becoming less impressed.
I had a Gimbal which did not allow Video to be sent to the Pilot it was Faulty.
I contacted Support who put me through the questionnaire about the Typical problems that could be overlooked, as a Television Post Production Editor I am somewhat Technically Orientated.
Support finally agreed that it was a Faulty Gimbal and organised the Gimbal to be sent back.
Support did an excellent job in that area as I am in Australia its a little more awkward to get it returned but they did nearly everything, being told by the specific Person at support that I would be looking at a 2 to 3 week turnaround this I thought was wonderful.
That was 7 and a bit weeks ago and now support will not even answer my emails, if there is someone out there that has anything to do with 3DR please do something because a lot of people are losing confidence in what I thought was a great company to deal with, as each day goes by I am getting to the point of selling my Solo because I am grounded. John Hill Australia.

I have had the worst experience with 3 dr support. don't get me wrong the people I spoke with are always nice They just never did what they said they were going to do. They stopped returning my phone calls and in the end i have a refurbished solo and refurbished gimbal when I sent them brand new ones. Long after the time they had promised to have my equipment returned. Felt like when i reached out on this forum that everyone was so pro 3DR that i should not say anything. since then i have given up with calling 3DR. I have never been so disappointed with a product and service in my life. It may just be that i had heard 3dr customer service id second to none that i had higher expectations. hope it works out for you. i'm sure it would have worked better if I did not care on what they said for return times. Unfortunately i did as most people do

Cut your lost. Go buy a Yuneec 4k Typhoon with two batteries and a free case and handheld gimbal.....For people who just want to have fun, The Yuneec makes more sense....no headaches.....
thought unecc only can do 15 mph

Wow and I thought I had it rough so you sent them a New Machine and Gymbal to them and got Referbished goods in return that Right? Thats not right, I dont know what to suggest but someone will steer you in the right direction, thats real Bad. I feel sorry for you, John.

If you're on Facebook and you don't get this resolved for say next Monday then post there and I'll tag in Vu who's 3DR's support director to see if he can move things along.

Hi Ian,
Still No News from them re Gimbal, here is the last email I got from a Guy named Leo who was chasing things up and hasny called back.

Leo (3D Robotics)

Nov 10, 11:03 PM

Hello John

We are really sorry for the Inconvenience, I verify the information on your RMA # RFR092915140476, I send an update request to our RMA department, they are close now, I will reply to you with an answer tomorrow

Best regards

Leo Sanz
3DR Technical Support
Supporting you 24/7
(858)225-1414
(855) 982-2898

I hope you can help me Ian I am really starting to get the shits now its been 2 Months now and I dont think its good enough.
Thank you if can do some Magic behind the scenes,
Cheers, John.

I'll forward the link to this thread to Vu to see if he can move things along for you.

Ian thank you my friend it would be much appreciated, but matey someone has to tell them that this is not the way to deal with your customers, it's going to do more long term damage that will be very hard to recover from, I hope there is someone in there that understands what's going on out there.
Anyway if you expedite my issue then I will be eternally grateful.
Cheers John.

I don't work for 3DR; but I do know they do aim to turn around RMAs fairly quickly from what I've seen of people posting their experiences it's normally 2-3 weeks maximum, so given yours has taken longer I'm sure 3DR would want to do better.

Vu is already on the case for you, so I'm sure matters will be resolved soon enough. :)

I don't work for 3DR; but I do know they do aim to turn around RMAs fairly quickly from what I've seen of people posting their experiences it's normally 2-3 weeks maximum, so given yours has taken longer I'm sure 3DR would want to do better.

Vu is already on the case for you, so I'm sure matters will be resolved soon enough. :)
Wow thank you matey you don't fool around no I think you said you didn't work for 3DR perhaps they should put you on a retainer.
I am sure that things have gone better than they expected as far as sales were concerned and they have had some issues, in design maybe whatever , but their image is so important because to me Solo is a great competitive Machine that is being compared with the rest of what's out their and they are winning. Anyway once again thank you, cheers John.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
If you're on Facebook and you don't get this resolved for say next Monday then post there and I'll tag in Vu who's 3DR's support director to see if he can move things along.

Hello Ian, I received the replacement Gimbal this afternoon I have connected it all up and everything seems to be ok, I wish the weather was we have wind following the hottest November since I don't know, but a change is on its way so we wait before it flys.
Thank you Ian for the time you took to contact Vu for me because I am sure without his assistance I would be still waiting.
And thanks all to you guys for the goods words makes a nice change to have a good bunch of guys willing to offer shoulders to cry on, I hope it will be the last, cheers, John Hill.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Hello Ian, I received the replacement Gimbal this afternoon I have connected it all up and everything seems to be ok, I wish the weather was we have wind following the hottest November since I don't know, but a change is on its way so we wait before it flys.

John,

I am very happy to see you're finally ready to fly! I think Ian and Vu are going to be keeping an eye on more things around here.

Jerry

Reactions: John hill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150