Noisy Gimbal?

Reaction score
I have just installed my new gimbal and when the drone is powered on, the gimbal sounds like a small computer running, is this normal, is anybody else's sounding like this?

Mine is whisper quiet. In fact I was kind of amazed at how quiet it was when It first arrived.

I just called 3dr and let them have a piece of my mind, they are checking the warehouse to see if they have one in stock they can send my way. I am more than frustrated with 3dr's bullshit at this point, I have too many issues to list. At this point im thinking about returning everything and going with a different company altogether.

I have a similar noise issue with the gimbal. It sounds like a hissing noise, only at certain angles. When the gimbal is at 90 deg, no noise. I hear the noise when the gimbal is between 60-30 deg, and when it is faces all the way down.

I contacted 3DR via email. First they suggested to do the stick calibration, they sent me the documents (PC and Mac), I followed the instructions and did that, still same issue. So I called, they asked me to checked the cable inside, making sure nothing is touching the motors. I did reinstalled the gimbal 3 times, it seems a bit better. But the noise is still there now.

Wondering what else I can do, or just have to live with it. Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

I have a similar noise issue with the gimbal. It sounds like a hissing noise, only at certain angles. When the gimbal is at 90 deg, no noise. I hear the noise when the gimbal is between 60-30 deg, and when it is faces all the way down.

I contacted 3DR via email. First they suggested to do the stick calibration, they sent me the documents (PC and Mac), I followed the instructions and did that, still same issue. So I called, they asked me to checked the cable inside, making sure nothing is touching the motors. I did reinstalled the gimbal 3 times, it seems a bit better. But the noise is still there now.

Wondering what else I can do, or just have to live with it. Any tips/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Thank you,
Hi there, I actually sent my back for a new one...I called and spoke to a manager withat a very stern tone and they sent a new gimbal out right away.
Still this Gimbal acts strange when the go pro is not in the gimbal and makes some funny noises....when the go pro is in, it's quite and acts perfect...

My Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal on my P2 makes lots of noise. I hear absolutely nothing from the Solo gimbal. That and it does not gyrate in all directions when I turn it on like the Zenmuse does, which I don't like because it always bangs itself into the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig