New update out to Support Gimbal

I updated yesterday and flew immediately after. First thing I noticed is GPS locked up much faster and instead of the typical 7-9 satellites on initiation I had 12.

Number 2 - Distance was dramatically improved... A new record on the OE antenna: 3200+ feet in distance at 200ft AGL. What? We used a spotting scope to keep LOS ... I flew in a wide open, agricultural area over pastures.

So... Faster GPS lock and increase control distance.

As per Solo Owners Group

Philip Rowse - 3DR

New Firmware version 1.1.12 is out!

Support for gimbal,
-New app UI
-Selectable RTL altitude
-Crash detector and auto disarm
-Security and stability patches
-Smart-ish RTL - return to home based on estimated battery capacity remaining

We are updating the app as well with with improved shot flows and overall streamlined look and feel. Look for the new app update tonight/tomorrow. Android is dropping later this week.

check your App!

I am running Droid and I have installed 1.1.12 - I do not see a selectable RTL option? I did notice the update reset the parameter for RTL in Tower.

Is this feature available on the Droid side? Where?

Thanks!

just got email back from 3DR about the app update on IOS. Seems we have yet another delay. What is it with 3DR making announcements they don't follow through with, e.g. solo launch, gimbal, free battery. Am I missing something else please add to the list. These announcements are getting really old. Maybe Solo Pro will be announced now just to make sure it will be ready in 3-6 months from now.
? It is on my phone.

Hi, what is "Stabilize" that you set to a pre set?
It is one if the 5 flight modes. Once you select "advanced". They become available as selections for your A/B buttons.

Manual, stabilize, acro, sport, and drift.

Manual and stabilize are nice when you don't have GPS, so I keep them handy.

I updated mine and it took forever to get gps lock yesterday. I tried to fly in Manchester CT and it took about 10 mins to lock.

I will try again when I get back home to North Carolina

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Why isint there an update for the Gopro yet...seems like the updates came out for everything els..?
I still haven't seen an update for the solo app for Android, I heard it may be coming our Sunday morning
It is one if the 5 flight modes. Once you select "advanced". They become available as selections for your A/B buttons.

Manual, stabilize, acro, sport, and drift.

Manual and stabilize are nice when you don't have GPS, so I keep them handy.
Ok ok, I got it, thank you for the info.

I updated mine and it took forever to get gps lock yesterday. I tried to fly in Manchester CT and it took about 10 mins to lock.

I will try again when I get back home to North Carolina

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Just be aware that when you travel more than 60 miles from the last place you flew it can take a long time to get GPS lock. Once it gets that first lock, it will be faster the next time.

Disclaimer: this is the case with 3Drs Iris+ (and X8). I haven't really tested it with the Solo. I assume the Solo is the same, but maybe not. With the Iris+ I usually leave it out the night before for 15 minutes when I get to new location. The next morning when I fly I generally get GPS in 15 to 30 seconds. Or even faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44