New update out to Support Gimbal

You did everything right except the Underwear part Dammit .. Before changing your underwear, You should have run and plug in the damn charger to charge that battery.. you do know that 0% = Permanent Damage to your battery ???
I got it on charge in time. Barely though.

Reactions: tblog
I always get her home by around 20% just to be on the safe side. This morning after I did the update I took it up and was flying around some and had forgotten that I turned the performance down to turtle speed to test my gimbal.

So at around 15% (because I was not far out) I started bringing it home by just hitting RTH. Well with the new update the Solo raises x amount of feet now as a new safety precaution, no matter how high you are.

So then I start returning to home and it is going slower than a turtle. I try to be patient but I see the battery is dropping fast. This is because I have added the Tarot gimbal, extra wiring and extra battery to operate the gimbal. I decide she is not going to make it and I needed to take action. I tried to open up the settings menu, it wasn't opening correctly.... I have swiped several times and I'm about 200 feet still up in the air and I am at 5%.

I finally get the settings open (this wasn't an app issue but user issue as I was freaking out because I know I was going to see the Solo crashing in front of my eyes before I can get it down) and was able to turn the performance up and bring it down as quickly as possible without crashing. I think it was at 2% when I turned it off.

Afterwards I went in and changed my underwear! Damn that was close... If you want to avoid having to change your underwear I would suggest to my fellow flyers to try and be hovering over home with at least 10% on your battery.

I hope you didn't damage your battery. Mark that battery and fly with care when using it.

updating new firmware a gimbal should be attach because gimbal required new firmware update too you guys must aware of this, just my opinion

Last edited:
I had to hit A about 5 or 6 times in rapid succession, then it "took"
I got stuck with the update at press A to continue. I eventually went into the app and reset the A button back to cable cam from manual. Then it worked.

I got stuck with the update at press A to continue. I eventually went into the app and reset the A button back to cable cam from manual. Then it worked.
My A took but I kept seeing 'Waiting for Solo.' Rebooted twice and still no change. Finally powered everything down and brought it up. It finally came back and shows the new firmware version. Now she is ready to fly before I can even get the wifi connected!

updating new firmware a gimbal should be attach because gimbal required new firmware update too you guys must aware of this, just my opinion

Update with Gimbal Attached or Not is upcoming as per 3DR. we will be getting another Firmware Update next week or so ..

Humm... upgraded the firmware, definitely faster acquiring satellite signals. Immediately found nine satellites in the back yard with a limited view of the sky. (Normally wouldn't find anything so would have to fly manually). Took off and flew over the house for a clear view of the sky. Picked up another 4 sats and stayed locked in at 13.
Worth mentioning however. .. at one point while hovering stationary with 13sats it inexplicably did go into RTH. Not sure how or why but I immediately hit "fly" and it stopped it's decent and acted normal after that. Maybe totally unrelated but I'd keep an eye on it ....for a while at least.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I updated my app and solo kept telling me it was ready to fly but the screen on the controller said reconnect to wifi. I was connected! so I dis connected and then reconnected. I could not turn off the controller. The power button would not respond.

It said press button A and I did. No response. I took solo outside and started the motors and let it come up to hover. Then I hit button A and my screen returned to the controller. Maybe it is just me but it seems to fly a little smoother with this update. After restoring the screen in both the app and the controller I flew around a little bit and went to turn the system off and all seems good. But I was a little surprised in the download / update process.

Updated. 12 sats and 1.2 hdop in 32 seconds from the table inside my hotel... No mods...

Impressive...

Unfortunately, can't fly today....

Edit: Be aware that if you changed the A/B buttons to something else (such as Manual and Stabilize as I have) they apparently revert back to default on the update...
Hi, what is "Stabilize" that you set to a pre set?

Humm... upgraded the firmware, definitely faster acquiring satellite signals. Immediately found nine satellites in the back yard with a limited view of the sky. (Normally wouldn't find anything so would have to fly manually). Took off and flew over the house for a clear view of the sky. Picked up another 4 sats and stayed locked in at 13.
Worth mentioning however. .. at one point while hovering stationary with 13sats it inexplicably did go into RTH. Not sure how or why but I immediately hit "fly" and it stopped it's decent and acted normal after that. Maybe totally unrelated but I'd keep an eye on it ....for a while at least.:rolleyes:
What does it mean when it goes into RTH?

Ver 3.0 is the new GoPro update. Came out earlier in the last week.
Ok...now that makes sense ... And I just check my firmware in my Gopro..and its 3.0.. ! I just thought after the release of the gimbal that there would be another .. But I guess the 3.0 has everything it needs to be compatible with the gimbal ..

Seeing huge improvements on GPS Lock.. first time saw "Ready to take off" Inside my house ..
I actually got 12 sats and RTF inside my semi and that's a big aluminum faraway cage!! Never ever got any sats on my flamewheel!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44