Philip Rowse - 3DR

New Firmware version 1.1.12 is out!

Support for gimbal,
-New app UI
-Selectable RTL altitude
-Crash detector and auto disarm
-Security and stability patches
-Smart-ish RTL - return to home based on estimated battery capacity remaining

We are updating the app as well with with improved shot flows and overall streamlined look and feel. Look for the new app update tonight/tomorrow. Android is dropping later this week.

check your App!

• be sure to get the new iOS app. Android coming soon after. App store should go live very soon. new app is a big improvement.

• Nick Speal Android this weekend

Tip per another member - " just needed to switch between Solo & Internet a couple of times per Nick's suggestion"

Seeing huge improvements on GPS Lock.. first time saw "Ready to take off" Inside my house ..

Reactions: prowler9
A little more detail on the update...

New release is about to drop. It's a good one.

- Support for gimbal
- New mobile app UI
- Selectable RTL altitude
- Crash detector and auto disarm
- Security and stability patches
- Smarter RTL - return to home based on estimated batter capacity remaining. New popup behavior and user settable minimum height

We are updating the app as well with with improved shot flows and overall streamlined look and feel. Look for the new app update tonight/tomorrow. Android is dropping later this week.

- fewer app crashes - I've not had a single crash in 3 weeks.
- Pal support
- GPS app alert if it becomes unplugged
- fewer startup issues, improved alerts
- increased flight performance and upped current limit for better performance in wind.
- new troubleshooting section of the app to solve common problems.
- new look at me mode in Follow
- New Shots UI

Reactions: Sampson
Is the update out yet?

Yes, power up connected to the internet first and then switch over to Solo's wifi. You should get a "required preflight update" alert. If it doesn't work the first time just switch back and forth between networks.

Seeing huge improvements on GPS Lock.. first time saw "Ready to take off" Inside my house ..
This is good to hear. I haven't had GPS issues like many on these boards, but I have been annoyed by how long it takes to get a lock. It felt like a big step back from my Iris+. I remember the first time I was futzing around with the Iris indoors and suddenly got GPS lock. It surprised me. Generally my experience with the Iris and other (recent) 3DR birds is that they get GPS in seconds, not minutes (unless you travel more than 60 miles from your last flight location, in which case it takes awhile to rebuild its GPS database).

All the updates sound good actually.

The GPS alert for being unplugged surprises me. Cool, just would not have thought that would have been much of an issue.

Reactions: prowler9
I did the update this morning in my office. Within about a minute I had 9 sats and a 'Ready To Fly' message. That was a first for me from my office.

I did the update this morning in my office. Within about a minute I had 9 sats and a 'Ready To Fly' message. That was a first for me from my office.

Maybe the GPS drifting issue will be solved, because I really don't want a P3.... Now if theyd just send me a new one or send mine back....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44