Multipoint Cable Cam

Mpcc is amazing. I'm not sure why so many are having issues. It's just like cable cam with more than two points. I do agree though that 3dr should have had a flight school video on the new features.

The ability to control speed based on time is such a nice feature. Freelook is great because your cable can be complex but you can still keep camera control.

The timelapse option is slick. It lets your cable have ridiculously long durations. In post, you can convert it to a hyper lapse or regular timelapse by speeding it up and skipping frames. now if 3dr integrated it with photo mode...that would be something.

absolutely right, MPCC is amazing, exactly the reason why I bought Solo. I'm not into videography, usually I just take photos, last year I got a motion slider and started to do time lapse videos with my DSLR (which I still consider to be photography) but this MPCC and Orbit from 3DR really caught my attention - those long duration MPCC flights are as good as any time lapse (except that clouds/waves/cars/people are moving at non-timelapse speed). I can't wait to get that Peau 3.97mm lens installed on my GoPro and some ND filters.

btw. you can still do time lapse in photo mode if you set your GoPro to timelapse mode, it's just that you have to start recording on the ground (cannot start it mid-air).

Does anyone know if you can change batteries and then continue to set points on the same cable?

Was out yesterday practicing with the MPCC...works beautifully it's going to be perfect for my summer project, The Great American Coastline when I photograph the New England Coastline. More to come!!!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

absolutely right, MPCC is amazing, exactly the reason why I bought Solo. I'm not into videography, usually I just take photos, last year I got a motion slider and started to do time lapse videos with my DSLR (which I still consider to be photography) but this MPCC and Orbit from 3DR really caught my attention - those long duration MPCC flights are as good as any time lapse (except that clouds/waves/cars/people are moving at non-timelapse speed). I can't wait to get that Peau 3.97mm lens installed on my GoPro and some ND filters.

btw. you can still do time lapse in photo mode if you set your GoPro to timelapse mode, it's just that you have to start recording on the ground (cannot start it mid-air).

yeah buddy, my 3.97 was supposed to arrive Saturday, but USPS let me down. so now I have to wait until tomorrow.
Going to charge up all my batteries tonight and just leave right after work, I have to fly this thing. you guys are killing me with these videos

How is PAUSE acting in the smart shots ? I thought it's same as in any other mode.
Today I had 2 incidents and 1 crash while executing previously saved MPCCs.
1st. hard landing in the middle of MPCC (motors stopped after touchdown)
2nd. Solo reversed slowly into a window and cut through a mosquito net then started to descend, landed on the ground, ascended again and finally paused mid-air about 2m above ground
3rd. crashed into a tree branch (that wasn't there when creating the smart shot :) ), fell down about 5m, bounced back up into the air and took off (vertically) at incredible speed and hit another branch of the same tree, this time 10m above the ground, fell down, bounced little bit and turned upside down, motors stopped.

in each case I hit the PAUSE button but probably too late anyway, momentum was already taking it exactly where I didn't want to.

Pete as Nick explained it.
In a smart shot pause stops the movement in the shot but does not cancel out of the shot. so it may drift a bit more than some expect

In fly or not in a smart shot pause acts more like an air brake, stopping you on a dime

Reactions: pete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44