Motor Issue

Reaction score
Hey all!

So I used to fly phantom and decided to go solo.
got it last week and flew it twice and its amazing! No crashes. Great smart shots. very cool.
BUT...today charging batteries, I'm looking at the motors and decide to turn one and it felt notched??!!
It doesnt turn smoothly and they are ALL like that.

Anyone else get this?
Support told me to send a vid of the issue and I did, but till they get back to me, anyone have this happen?
Freakin out.
Thanks for any reply...

Respect.

It's hard to tell from your description, but most likely it's just passing by the magnets in the motor (which is what actually makes them spin when electricity is applied). If that's the case, it's normal. It almost feels "geared" but it's just the effect of it passing really close to the magnets so it feels stiffer.

yeah thats exactly what it feels like. BUT for curiosity I went back to the store and to their demo Solo and turned the motor and it was a smooth turn and didnt feel the same.
Am I missing something? I was all pumped to go flying today and now too scared to start 'er up.

I'm not sure what to say about the store model. All 12 of my motor pods consistently do what you describe, and I haven't had any problems with them besides needing a bit of lube on the bearings every 30 hours or so of flight. I have some T-Motor motors (different brand than what comes on Solo) and those 4 do it as well.

I really wouldn't worry about it unless one feels radically different than the others.

Thanks guys!
3DR got back to me. That was fast. Less than 2 hours? Pretty awesome. They said the same thing. So mind is at ease.

Glad this community exists.

I'm off to fly.

Respect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks