Minim OSD

Reaction score
Has anyone done FPV with an OSD with the Solo. As I understand it, the output on the transmitter doesn't not have the OS Telemetry information. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to put a Minim OSD inline with the video and/or add a separate video transmitter on the solo. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions? Thanks

If you are talking about the HDMI output from the Solo controller, you're right it does not have any flight info, just the GoPro video.

I have been dealing with this recently and the HDMI port is not reliable.

Can anyone test HDMI out from controller with latest 2.4.1-6 please.

I've been told the video feed from Solo has too much lag. A separate FPV system would be required. Don't know if anybody has tried but YouTube would be a good place to search.

Yeah, this looks like pretty much what I'm wanting to do...id like to do a little bit cleaner but this would do the trick.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just wonder if anyone has had much luck trying something like that.

Thanks

This works well for an FPV camera, but I cant find anyone who has wired in something like a minim OSD. Someone has to have tried this...any ideas?

I don't think it will be easy to pull the the GoPro video from the gimbal, pass it through a OSD and back to the companion computer board for transmission. In addition, I don't think the Minim OSD can handle HD video.
I'd recommend you add a separate FPV camera and transmitter if you really want to do this.
I'm also not sure where to pick up the telemetry data stream from the Pixhawk motherboard.
One other option for you is to use gstreamer on Mission Planner. You can overlay the full HUD on the video stream and send it to a separate monitor if needed.

Hmmm yeah I was think 2nd FPV camera but I like the overplay option, but for some reason I can't get the go Pro to send a video to Missiob planner

Hmmm yeah I was think 2nd FPV camera but I like the overplay option, but for some reason I can't get the go Pro to send a video to Missiob planner

with overlay option you have to go with K1 shield. hdmi out.

So does Tower work for the HDMI out with overlay. I have a tablet with HDMI out and I have Droid Planner, Tower and QGroundControl

You have to install gstreamer on your laptop. Once installed, start Mission Planner, connect to Solo-Link via UDP and initiate gstreamer from the hidden actions window (Control-F). You have to get the video up and running before connecting your tablet (if you are using one) since the video stream is only sent to the first device that requests it.

Ha, I guess that explains it… My 3DR App already had the video stream, and when I connected mission planner first I did not get any video stream on my app… But I didn't use that hidden menu to turn on the video stream in mission planner so I didn't have any video there either… Thanks for the input

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig