Manual GoPro 4 Black Triggering from Mission Planner ??

Jag

Reaction score
I am trying to manually trigger the GoPro4 Black from Mission Planner v1.3.49 by right clicking on the map window, then selecting "Trigger Camera NOW". It does not work. The camera frame counter does not increase. Mission Planner thinks it has worked as it places a red area on the map indicating the camera image footprint.

I am hoping somebody can provide any easy solution ?

Thanks in advance...

Definitely camera mode. I selected it in the solo app, then checked the symbol on the front of the camera changed. Good suggestion though....

Anybody else .... please ... :(

Hi Carpy,

Thanks for your reply. I did read that before posting. What confuses me is that Mission Planner is able to tell the Solo to trigger the GoPro as required during a survey mission. Thus it knows how to trigger it, even if it is not obvious to the operator.

I think the problem lies in what the "Trigger Camera NOW" button does. Somehow it must be causing the Solo to issue a slightly different type of trigger message which unfortunately does not work.

Hopefully one of the Mission Planner people will see this and comment or even look at correcting the situation.

Thanks

Hi Carpy,

Thanks for your reply. I did read that before posting. What confuses me is that Mission Planner is able to tell the Solo to trigger the GoPro as required during a survey mission. Thus it knows how to trigger it, even if it is not obvious to the operator.

I think the problem lies in what the "Trigger Camera NOW" button does. Somehow it must be causing the Solo to issue a slightly different type of trigger message which unfortunately does not work.

Hopefully one of the Mission Planner people will see this and comment or even look at correcting the situation.

Thanks
You're right, it is/can be confusing. Which command are you using to trigger the camera during a mission?
MAVLink Mission Command Messages (MAV_CMD) — Mission Planner documentation

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig