Looking for Solo....

Reaction score
Hi,

Just upgraded my mobile to a Samsung S6, so I installed 2.3 of the app to it, turned on controller and Solo, connected via Wi-Fi, but I just get a message saying "Looking for Solo" endlessly. Never had this problem before...

Mark.

Hi, done that repeatedly....it connected fine for the first time once I connected the new phone, but cannot get it working at all. Have reinstalled 3Dr Solo app too..

Hmm ... I've experienced connection issues only once or twice and I recall pulling some of my own hair out

I would go over the setup basics - start from the beginning

Make certain all programs are closed on the tablet - perform a restart, then power down the tablet.

Unplug - disconnect the battery from the Solo controller - count to 10 and then reconnect. The connector is a little snug...

Start with all devices off -->

Power up the controller
Power up Solo - wait for the handshake

Once the controller display shows a connection, then power up your tablet.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just upgraded my mobile to a Samsung S6, so I installed 2.3 of the app to it, turned on controller and Solo, connected via Wi-Fi, but I just get a message saying "Looking for Solo" endlessly. Never had this problem before...

Mark.
'Looking for Solo' means that the Solo and controller aren't communicating on the controller network. Which will generally means you may need to pair again or there is an issue with the Solo. Since it was working before the update, it is probably just need to be paired again.

I've had this happen occasionally on all of my three Solo's. I restart the sequence and not knowing what the problem was, it fixes.
I have yet, had to pair the controller/SOLO.
FM to me. :eek:

When my Nexus 7 gets stuck "Looking for Solo" closing and reopening the app does not help; however, rebooting the tablet works virtually every time.

I had the same problem. I went directly to the google play store and updated the app. When I tried to update by opening the solo app and pressing update, it did not work properly.

I am back to being stuck with this. Haven't used the drone in a while, downloaded the new update to my phone but I just get looking for Solo..

Turned on/off the controller/drone
Pressed the pairing button for 1 second, this doesn't do anything, the controller says "Fly", can see the satelllites..

I am back to being stuck with this. Haven't used the drone in a while, downloaded the new update to my phone but I just get looking for Solo..

Turned on/off the controller/drone
Pressed the pairing button for 1 second, this doesn't do anything, the controller says "Fly", can see the satelllites..
I had the same issue when I went to 2.4. Did a factory reset on the controller and Solo and it went fine then.

I am really worried about bricking it doing that, given that I can't even instigate the pairing procedure. I insert a small allen key and the controller just says "Mag Interference / Calibrating sensors"

Ok, I have started the factory reset, got to the stage where I need to do the preflight update, but my phone says it's all up to date?? so I cannot add the pre flight update..I have only 4 bars of battery left on the drone too..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks