Just got Solo today!

Reaction score
So first off I charged and updated. Everything went smooth not one hick up. I then was off to the park to learn how to fly! Didn't have a gopro on it at the moment (gopro 4 black) will be here tomorrow. Was really nervous to take off once I calibrated everything due to how windy it was but hit the fly button. Blades started up and off she flew. I am amazed how stable this thing is. It was very windy and this thing didn't drift at all. Really wish I had my extra battery for tomorrow but oh well.

One question I have though. I used to demo the AR drone all the time at work and really used to the controls. Is there a way to program the controls to what I want or is set in stone ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You mean control rates? Nope. No customizable controls.you will need spare props ASAP.

Got mine today also after waiting 5 days after ordering from Best Buy in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. Got free xtra battery as well.

I think they(BB) keep them in stock at strategic warehouse locations and then ship to the stores after people buy them as fast as they can. Although a friend did find 1 in stock by chance near Bolingbrook. I got mine in Arlington Heights.

I also have a P3P and the software update process is much much easier on the Solo. The battery is longer to charge on the Solo. I would like to turn off the LED's but can't

Last edited:
Welcome to Hell. Just kidding! I have been a DJI and CC3D pilot and I am new to 3DR myself. So far I have enjoyed flying the solo, of course there have been a couple of hick ups but no show stoppers. Just take your time and learn the flying characteristics before you go to advance flight modes. Dwell in the fact that you are part of a new innovative flight community.

Reactions: FlyGuy
Its really gonna take some getting used to the sticks. That was the hardest thing for me for some reason. I could fly that ar drone like it was nothing and been demoing it for years to my customers at work.. That thing has me messed up for sure! I hope i learn them easliy.

i can't see anything wrong with the sticks on the solo.

i can't see anything wrong with the sticks on the solo.
I

Just flew another battery and I am getting used to it alraady.

On another note I did notice if its on the ground and you stand over it to say turn the gopro on it loses gps. It didnt take long for it to find it again just figuerd it would hold a little better then that.

One question I had.
Is it ok to come home and stick the battery right on the charger or is there a time I should wait?

I

On another note I did notice if its on the ground and you stand over it to say turn the gopro on it loses gps. It didnt take long for it to find it again just figuerd it would hold a little better then that.

One question I had.
Is it ok to come home and stick the battery right on the charger or is there a time I should wait?

They don't get that hot, by the time you get home should be OK.

Reactions: prowler9
Here is the vid with the gopro today. Just flew my first night flight and much easier since you can see the lights better. Only flew in my neighborhood where there were no trees. Mainly just went up to 100-125 ft and back down. Remember I am learning..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Got mine today. I've never flown a drone before, but seemed to do Ok with this. I'm taking things very slowly, however I was not able to get the GoPro to connect with the app, I was flying sight only...any ideas why the image wouldn't show up on my iPhone? GoPro turned on and recording. Maybe I'm missing something.

What gopro is it? I had issue with that at first and noticed it wasn't plugged in all the way. Move the cam around in the housing enough to make sure the cable plugs in all the way.

You mean control rates? Nope. No customizable controls.you will need spare props ASAP.
Spare props? I have the original props on mine. Nothing wrong with them.

I find them to be more durable than the Phantom props. They don't get nicks or scratches.

I

One question I had.
mine get hot and i let them cool off before charging. But i have 3

I need to order another! I think I am going to get a case first tho.

Take note of the A, B and Pause buttons. Holding all 3 down simultaneously will shut off the motors. You need to learn this in case your Solo flips or gets snagged in/on something. If you don't get the motors turned off very quickly you could burn them out.

Here is the vid with the gopro today. Just flew my first night flight and much easier since you can see the lights better. Only flew in my neighborhood where there were no trees. Mainly just went up to 100-125 ft and back down. Remember I am learning..

I am actually impressed with your video, for not having a gimbal there is very little shake I can see which I assume would mean when the gimbal finally does ship we should be able to get some good stuff

Take note of the A, B and Pause buttons. Holding all 3 down simultaneously will shut off the motors. You need to learn this in case your Solo flips or gets snagged in/on something. If you don't get the motors turned off very quickly you could burn them out.
Thanks for the heads up! Came close to having to use that the other day. Lost GPS after it landed but then tried to take off again. I thing I held the fly button to long to land.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Just took the bird out and some how changed a setting on the gopro where it didn't take a picture every 5 seconds while recording :-( oops. Got up about 150 today and had 2 bars on the radio. I did forget to point them down and away oops. I am charging It back up now to hopefully get another run in before its dark. This thing is fun!!! Really wish the other battery comes in soon! I called best buy to see if they had any in stock because I was just going to buy another.

My gopro video did not appear on app previously on some occurrences, but today, it did... camera was on, plugged in camera. turned on Solo, turned on controller, turned on app and wifi and everything was there. fwiw...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150