ipad mini question

You need a GPS enabled device. Since GPS on apple products is part of their cellular data module a wifi only device will not work for smart shots that require a GPS fix, like follow. You don't have to have an active data plan, but you need a cell enabled tablet

You need a GPS enabled device. Since GPS on apple products is part of their cellular data module a wifi only device will not work for smart shots that require a GPS fix, like follow. You don't have to have an active data plan, but you need a cell enabled tablet
Thanks for the quick reply, but let me see if I totally understand. A ipad cellular will work even if you don't have a cell service. The reason I ask is my daughter has cellular ipad mini cellular but service done. So If I understand you I don't have to sign up for service but it will work fine with Solo. Am I understanding you right. Thanks again for help, there is a lot to learn and I am loving the new challenge.

yes, the GPS works even if you don't have cell data
you will have to cache you maps but that is no big deal
It is just that wifi only does not have GPS hardware

No that's a great question. I just looked at my solo app on my cell enabled 6s+ I don't see an option to download. Maybe because it has data.

Can someone with a mini tell us if maps are cached in IOS?

on my mini 2 (non cellular) I load maps when connected to wifi before i leave home. unlike android there is no button it saves the maps i look at when hooked up to wifi.

on ios the maps are cached automagically as you move the map around. so when you have internet, open up the solo app, slide map view open and simply just pan and zoom the area you want to cache.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150