I wrecked my Brother-in-law's Solo

Reaction score
As you can tell I am not a Solo guy, I am a a DJI guy, but please, don't hold this against me. I was helping my Brother-in-law learn about his new drone when I lost control into a pavilion. I wont get into the Solo and its slower response time but it fell about 4 feet and it lost 3 of 4 blades. When my brother in law tried to return to flight he can not get his Hero4 to show anything but a bunch of colored pixelation on the screen.
Please help me save future Thanksgiving meals
What can I do to fix this?

will his go pro work fine off the solo? Can he take video, and stream it to his phone via wifi, as well as by direct wire connection to a tv or monitor? Need to determine if the camera is damaged before you can figure out if its the drone.

Either way going to cost you about $300. You can get the solo at BB for $300 or the GoPro at B&H for $330

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maoli
Slower response time? In other words, you made a mistake and crashed his drone. And you're trying to blame the inanimate object for your screw ups?

And if you have ever flown a Phantom it moves and responds much faster than what I saw with this Solo. But I really was trying to make a joke. Yes I know I screwed up. I lost orientation for a split second.

The response time is adjustable. When you have it set for slow, it will be slow. User error with that too.

Reactions: maoli
So I too it apart. All connections are fine. The camera works fine. The drone works fine. I get a few seconds of pixelation then the image freezes. Any idea?

I flew the Chinook in the army so i get the whole my bird is better than your bird mentality. They all seem to be about the same in reality. I can't seem to figure this thing out. I have exhausted all I can do without help from a Solo expert.

The HDMI connector on either the solo or the gimbal is probably loose. That's what it does when the HDMI connection is crappy.

I thought It may be a faulty HDMI cable as well. I took it all apart to check that all was tight and it was.

If there is a gimbal involved, try connecting the camera directly to the HDMI cable on the Solo and see what you get. If the problem goes away, the broken bits are in the gimbal.

Reactions: Luckeydawg
O'Reilly hadn't thought of that. Thank youPedals2Paddles, post: 89839, member: 4940"]The HDMI connector on either the solo or the gimbal is probably loose. That's what it does when the HDMI connection is crappy.[/QUOTE]
If there is a gimbal involved, try connecting the camera directly to the HDMI cable on the Solo and see what you get. If the problem goes away, the broken bits are in the gimbal.
Ibreally

Amazon has them for 60 and free shipping to US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986