How to use Tower with Solo

its states connection fail. Bind failed. EADDRINUSE (address already in use). I don't know what could be using this address
In your desperation to 'fly', you are leaving out all the info we need to help. I don't use Tower much, but have never seen that error. Slow down with your quedtions and someone here will help work through the issue. Have you EVER connected to the Sold app and flown successfully? Right now, I can't even be certain of that!

If you explain what is really happening, don't use words like "it" without telling us what "it" is. If you tell us about applications and FW, don't say "latest" - tell us the exact versions. Also what specific mobile device and what OS.

Yeah. There are definetly a few of us waiting to jump in here and help, but need more info.

Note the dates of most of these posts. This thread was mostly alive over a year ago. You can find more up to date info by searching this site, or just using Google.

We will need to know what phone/tablet you are using. The first thing folks will tell you is to update both the Tower app and 3DR services app on the android.

Then we will want to confirm you are able to connect to the wifi network created by your Solo, even though you don't seem to be able to get Tower connected.

Of course people here will want to know stuff like which software and firmware versions you are running (someone can tell you how to find that info if you need help - it's in the Solo app).

Even the specific model of GoPro you are using will be helpful (make sure your GoPros wifi is OFF).

Boot order matters sometimes too. Controller first, then Solo, then wait a bit. Then connect to Solo's wifi network (like you'd connect to any wifi network). Then launch Tower. You may need to power cycle your android device.

So yeah. More info and someone here can quickly get you sorted out.

Reactions: SARDG
Couldn't help myself and Googled EADDRINUSE, etc. Seems it's an Android OS error. When an app is closed incorrectly with poorly written software, it may not release a port, so cannot bind to that port the next time it's requested.

Put another way, I don't think anything's wrong with any app. Simply turning off the Android device completely, then restarting, should clear that up.

Still likely need other answers to get you in the air - and I wouldn't start with Tower if you haven't used and gained some knowledge with the Solo app.

Couldn't help myself and Googled EADDRINUSE, etc. Seems it's an Android OS error. When an app is closed incorrectly with poorly written software, it may not release a port, so cannot bind to that port the next time it's requested.

Put another way, I don't think anything's wrong with any app. Simply turning off the Android device completely, then restarting, should clear that up.

Still likely need other answers to get you in the air - and I wouldn't start with Tower if you haven't used and gained some knowledge with the Solo app.
Hi, My name is Kyle,

I am new to all of this first time 3DR or any drone flyer. I found this on my first connection today. Connected first time great. Then I got the same error. I restarted my Galaxy 7s and it connected fine. I then realized you need to hit the disconnect button that is in the same place as the connect button when you are done with the mission. App works great then.

Please let me know if this helped. You have probably already solved this problem though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44