How to get Solo battery shipped to Europe/Norway

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Bought a couple of drones on Amazon a month ago and looking for an extra battery or two.

Amazon wont send batteries to Norway. Found an Ebay seller that sent International but Ebay stopped the order, something like "restricted item".

I can buy from local store, but at a price of around 200$ for one battery.

Any tips on how or where to buy batteries that can be delivered to me in Norway?

Thanks,
Jørgen

Welcome- I looked into shipping some to a member in New Zealand and discovered it is virtually impossible for an individual to ship batteries internationally.

Lots of red tape and very expensive- we gave up.

Hi guys,

Bought a couple of drones on Amazon a month ago and looking for an extra battery or two.

Amazon wont send batteries to Norway. Found an Ebay seller that sent International but Ebay stopped the order, something like "restricted item".

I can buy from local store, but at a price of around 200$ for one battery.

Any tips on how or where to buy batteries that can be delivered to me in Norway?

Thanks,
Jørgen
Check bhphotovideo.com

Thanks all for your replies. I will check out that UK seller jetsetwilly.

Does anyone know if the same strict rules apply for a private person in the US sending a lithium battery overseas?

They can go by ship but no airline or air cargo co. can take them.

I just ordered 2 refurb Solos and 6 additional batteries directly from 3DRs website. I'm in the UK. Just got dispatch confirmation of shipping via FedEx - cost a bit but even with the shipping cost and VAT on import it's still much, much cheaper than buying UK stock.

DaveB, Shipping by boat makes sense, but does anyone offer this?

srvben, do you have a link? Went to the 3dr store and can't find either solo or battery for sale.

srvben, do you have a link? Went to the 3dr store and can't find either solo or battery for sale.
I use comgateway, they repack as req, they use dhl or fedex to transport via there cargo planes. Have transported Solo batts before. I live in Australia.

Guess they must be out of stock then, I ordered on the 30th April so must have grabbed the last few.

Hi Jørgen,

I also live in Norway.
Did you find a good solution to get batteries from abroad?

-Jon

Hi Jon,

I think I found a good solution. There are a couple of companies who can forward the package to Norway via boat. I chose jetcarrier.com They have been around for a long time and specialize in shipping from US to Scandinavia.

When you register with them you get your own address in the US that you ship too. You register your order on their website and choose plane or boat. Batteries have to go by boat. When the package is underway you receive an invoice for Norwegian VAT and shipping cost.

I ordered two batteries from B&H when they where a bit more than now. The batteries are now underway by boat to me by jettcarrier. I received an invoice for about 600NOK for VAT and shipping.

Hope it helps.

Jorgen

Reactions: Gazzainnorway
Thanks a lot for your advice.

I think I will try the same thing.
Do you get any updates until i reaches the ship?

Hi Jon,

I think I found a good solution. There are a couple of companies who can forward the package to Norway via boat. I chose jetcarrier.com They have been around for a long time and specialize in shipping from US to Scandinavia.

When you register with them you get your own address in the US that you ship too. You register your order on their website and choose plane or boat. Batteries have to go by boat. When the package is underway you receive an invoice for Norwegian VAT and shipping cost.

I ordered two batteries from B&H when they where a bit more than now. The batteries are now underway by boat to me by jettcarrier. I received an invoice for about 600NOK for VAT and shipping.

Hope it helps.

Jorgen
Hi Jorgen
I also live in norway, and was just looking at buying some more batteries for my Solo.
Thank you for all your research on getting the batteries from the States, Jetcarrier looks like a great solution.
Im looking at doing the same, so if you don't mind me asking, how did it go?!

Hi Jorgen
I also live in norway, and was just looking at buying some more batteries for my Solo.
Thank you for all your research on getting the batteries from the States, Jetcarrier looks like a great solution.
Im looking at doing the same, so if you don't mind me asking, how did it go?!
I have done it twice using jettcarier and it worked out well. Takes a few weeks to get them though since they have to go by sea.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl