Solo batteries not being shipped to Australia

I'm sure some slip through... but shipping batteries only (as opposed to a product containing batteries) is what draws the attention :-/

The whole thing seems a bit messy.... I've had morons at airport security hassle me about mobile phone powerpacks claiming they'd be over the 160WH limit!!!!

Agree. But when my solo was shipped one battery was installed in drone, the other in the carry bag. Guess we have to keep probing.

I've sent messages to a couple of the suppliers in the US in regards to the issue and seeing if they can either go through another shipping provider or packing their batteries so that they comply with shipping restriction ie fireproof bags. Most likely bump up shipping costs, but anything is better than paying $298 a battery here in Oz!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey! You got me curious as to if it was possible to ship batteries. So I called my local Fedex office here in San Francisco and got a quote of $195 to ship two batteries to Sydney. They can do it. If you want me to help you get a few batteries to you, message me, I'm happy to help.

interesting thing is that the cameron sino batteries can be shipped outside US.....

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have recently purchased my first drone (Solo). I am however having some issues trying to source spare batteries at a reasonable price. Here in Aus a single battery costs between $198 - $280 $A. Rediculous! I managed to source some from the US from various sellers at between $80 - $110 $Aus including freight. Sounds great right?! Not so. The EBay global shipping rejects them as a restricted item even though the seller is keen to ship them! Anyone manage to get their batteries in (legally) without issues? Can anyone recommend a courier? Frustrating as I've had 4 purchases rejected thus far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, Steve from New Zealand here. I have a similar problem ($350 - $400 each battery here) Just purchased a BB11A combo and that arrived with no problems, tried to purchase 2x batteries from Ebay and they got stopped at international departure. Did you find anyone who will legally ship batteries? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc