How many crashes have you had.?

Just a quick question. I'm wondering how many crashes each of us has had for how long of ownership. Just trying to gauge how bad of a pilot I actually am. :)
None,but I've only owned solo for 2-3 weeks but have had many flights in that time...I haven't crashed any of my other drones either before solo but I've only been flying drones for a few months altogether really...I generally take it easy and don't fly too risky..I take my time,keep it at a moderate speed and basically just pay attention to what's going on...now I'm expecting crashes to happen of course but just haven't had it happen yet...I do feel like I have decent skills though so that helps..also I tend to keep the drones parked if it's too windy outside even though I have put solo in a few windy conditions just to test her abilities.

None,but I've only owned solo for 2-3 weeks but have had many flights in that time...I haven't crashed any of my other drones either before solo but I've only been flying drones for a few months altogether really...I generally take it easy and don't fly too risky..I take my time,keep it at a moderate speed and basically just pay attention to what's going on...now I'm expecting crashes to happen of course but just haven't had it happen yet...I do feel like I have decent skills though so that helps..also I tend to keep the drones parked if it's too windy outside even though I have put solo in a few windy conditions just to test her abilities.
Try harder and report back when you have crash of noteworthiness.

I'll do that,might be a while though

I've had hundreds of crashes with quads since starting in 2015, almost all with toy quads, a defective cx20, and 250 racing quad. A few crashes with a cx20 and F450, lost prop, disconnected power wire, 3 GPS related, all repaired.

With Solo none, since April 2017, 3 Solos, all fly great, I thought my F450 was stable, but the Solos are better, I start by testing in slow mode and go to medium mode. I'll crash sometime, that's why I have 2 for parts Solos.

Since Nov/2015, 3 crashes, same as my car accidents. Maybe 12 landing flips. First crash was testing prop guards, I thought they might save me HSE paperwork on mine sites, but I now know props flex under load and down she came. Funny name for them when they destroy your props mid air. Haven't used them since. Second was stupidity, hovering at home with new gps, looked away for split second, she drifts towards glass door, solo was facing me and I nervously jerked on the stick the wrong way when I got a fright seeing the drift. Third was motor failure.

I've had hundreds of crashes with quads since starting in 2015, almost all with toy quads, a defective cx20, and 250 racing quad. A few crashes with a cx20 and F450, lost prop, disconnected power wire, 3 GPS related, all repaired.

With Solo none, since April 2017, 3 Solos, all fly great, I thought my F450 was stable, but the Solos are better, I start by testing in slow mode and go to medium mode. I'll crash sometime, that's why I have 2 for parts Solos.
Solos seem to be very stable even if it's windy and the solo is so easy to fly there's really no reason for it to crash unless something goes horribly wrong with the electronics or a failure of some type

After dropping my phone countless times, I built a small box to handle the kit and accessories so 0 for me but touch wood it keeps like that

I have had it since February 2017 had 3 crashes due to lost gps while flying around some trees broke a few props updated the GPS right after my last crash to the MRo and no issues at all flying supper close to trees and water I don’t even use my guards for the propellers. Once you get that first crash out of your system and learn to fly manual nothing scares me now lol

I've had the solo since the beginning of Nov 2017. Only one crash no fault of my own. I've been upgrading slowly since I bought the solo, last upgrade I took it up about 9' and system says "battery over heating shutting down motors" drone fell to the grass. I uninstalled last upgrade drone works fine.

What was your last upgrade if you don’t mind me asking

3 crashes since approximately April 2016... 2 of the 3 pretty bad!

I have about 3 years of experience flying quadcopters, I started by buying Synta 5C quadcopters for my grandkids, they mostly flew them into trees and lost interest, I was always able to retrieve them with a long stick, I found it easy to fly the Synta without getting it in a tree. I wanted a more interesting copter so I bought a 250 racer and after months of practice I was lucky to not crash, there was no hovering, I had to be on the controls all the time, too much for me.

So that's when I bought a CX20, mine came with a bad power board, after replacing that, it flew but very eradicately, I crashed a number of times before finding a defective motor, after that it flew well, but then fell from about 100ft, shattering the shell (the power wire had broken off, probably weaken from the earlier crashes ). I then moved the CX20 to a F450 frame that worked well but I lost it in a fly away, while flying in a park I noticed soccer balls sailing by the copter and group of youths kicking at it, I raised the copter, and then asked them to stop it, when I looked back for my F450, it was gone, I must have left to throttle on.

After that I found the 3dr solo being discounted, going out of business, and have flown it for almost for year now with no crashes, it's simple to fly and so far very reliable. I'll fly Solo for now, but I see DJI has a new quadcopter out, not to expensive ($799), and is very portable, and is very capable.

I've had 4 and all my birds are intact, they are built like tanks.
I did have to replace my gimbals twice though, one at the $400 price and the rest were cheaper.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig