Hero 3+ Silver

Reaction score
Ok, i picked up a deal on the Hero 3plus silver. Of course, as you all have said on threads i am having difficulty getting the video to feed through my solo app. I do not have the newest update and am running update 3.10. I was under the impression that this update would work, but not getting a live feed to my solo software. Any suggestions?

Have you updated your gopro?Updated the solo app and controller?

I got it working. I downloaded the 2.0 GoPro software update and i was placing it on the micro sd card but i was not unzipping it first. Once i unzipped it and placed the unzipped update folder on my micro sd card and then inserted it into my GoPro Hero 3 plus it update like a champ, well i guess technically downdated, lol, and works great with my solo software. Thanks for all the help on this board. I could not have done it without you.

Reactions: Ivanh
I got it working. I downloaded the 2.0 GoPro software update and i was placing it on the micro sd card but i was not unzipping it first. Once i unzipped it and placed the unzipped update folder on my micro sd card and then inserted it into my GoPro Hero 3 plus it update like a champ, well i guess technically downdated, lol, and works great with my solo software. Thanks for all the help on this board. I could not have done it without you.

Wait, the Hero 3 plus silver works with the gimbal? Really?

Yes hero 3 silver works. Just can't activate shutter and you have to hit record button before take off. I got one for free and decided not to buy a black or 4.

Gimbal are only $40. I bought a spare the other day. Not having one should be illegal:)

Reactions: Ivanh
Were did you get the software?? Ive been trying like crazy to downgrade mi.e and have not been able to...

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I have a 3plus silver and just bought a 4 silver and I'm not getting live feed from both and yes I have a gimbal please help ive even tried my phone which is a iPhone 6plus and used a android tab no luck with live feed it does everything else

Can you share the 2.0 zip file?

OK, changed a setting on my GoPro hero 3 plus silver and now i do not have to start the recording before mounting in the gimbal. There is a setting on the camera that allows it to start recording on power up. I can mount the camera without powering it up. When i start my solo software it turns the gopro camera on... and starts the recording then, just before takeoff. i can live with that until i can get a deal on a hero 4.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My first flight with a gimbal. The difference in video quality is ridiculous. Don't ever fly this drone without a gimbal!

Reactions: FlyXlsa
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My first flight with a gimbal. The difference in video quality is ridiculous. Don't ever fly this drone without a gimbal!

Quality looks great. I just picked up a Solo at BB for $299 with extra Battery, Propeller Pack and Gimbal. Unfortunately they did not have the Gimbal in my area and it willl be shipped to me. Will be here on Wednesday if all goes well. I figure that gives me a few days to get used to flying and then I will be ready for the camera. I'll just keep it in line of site and fairly low.

Now reading Manual, watching the Tutorials and downloaded the 3DR Solo Simulator App. Pretty basic Sim Package, but it was free.

Reactions: Tommie Thomas
Solex I love for close up photography, but as far as videography I am all about Tower just cause I don't have to worry about dealing with the connection all the time and holding the remote.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig