Hard case for solo

You bet. I have 2 of their cases. One for my P2 and one for my Solo. They are solid and she fits in there very nicely. Not as convenient as the backpack if you're going to hike to your launch location however. Overall though I love mine. And yes, there is enough room. In fact there is a small egg shell pad that the gimbal will rest on when you put the bird in.

You bet. I have 2 of their cases. One for my P2 and one for my Solo. They are solid and she fits in there very nicely. Not as convenient as the backpack if you're going to hike to your launch location however. Overall though I love mine. And yes, there is enough room. In fact there is a small egg shell pad that the gimbal will rest on when you put the bird in.
Awesome, thank you! Btw, do you also have the backpack? Would you recommend it over the hard case?

I don't have the backpack. Thinking about getting one but I need to see it first. The down side to it based off the pics Ive seen is it holds 3 batteries at most. One the plus side if I'm going to hike thru the bush for a bit the backpack would be great to have. So I certainly haven't ruled it out yet. I'm sure I can squeeze a 4th battery in there somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyflr
I also purchased this case and I am very happy with it. At some point I may buy the back pack, but this is fine for me. Very high quality construction.

I don't have the backpack. Thinking about getting one but I need to see it first. The down side to it based off the pics Ive seen is it holds 3 batteries at most. One the plus side if I'm going to hike thru the bush for a bit the backpack would be great to have. So I certainly haven't ruled it out yet. I'm sure I can squeeze a 4th battery in there somewhere.
It
it actually holds 4 batteries plus one in solo.

I have back pack it holds 5 batteries total.2 on sides, 2 at bottom 1 in solo. IPad in zip pocket, no place for gopro accessories batteries you but don't need it with gimbal. The back pack is nice for walking around, hiking in woods very protective cover for solo and you can launch from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: happyflr
I got this one as part of a kit from B&H:

HPRC 2700WSOL Wheeled Hard Case for 3DR Solo HPRC2700WSOL B&H

HOWEVER, the foam/plastic cutout was not installed correctly on mine. It consists of 3 pieces that are glued together. Mine was not glued together properly. I waited so long for my Solo and other kit items (pre-ordered on July 8th) that I didn't want to mess with sending it back and getting a new one. Especially since I'll be getting the backpack soon. So I went in with my Dremel and shaved some of the edges so that they're even now.

All that aside, its an excellent case. A bit pricy but I love the three handles and wheels. And the fact that I don't have to take the props off every time is nice. It will also accommodate the attached gimbal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl