HELLO SWEET BABY CAM

I come from an rc hobby when we scratch built our craft. Hey look Youtube has a volume control! God forbid we tinker with our hobby these days. Guess we'll just take what the Chinese sell us and be happy. Just throw money at it and anybody can fly. Glad to be old school. Yep that's my video. And this one,
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
Very good Sir, and nice shoe ... very nice you have
You try pork fried gimbal special today- yes??

What you got going there Vik...?
Work in progress Solo with Walkera 3-GS, Z Camera E1, 12:39 minutes from an 87% battery flown to 17%. Motors slightly warm.

Work in progress Solo with Walkera 3-GS, Z Camera E1, 12:39 minutes from an 87% battery flown to 17%. Motors slightly warm.
what are you using for a lens...?
I was just talking to George Lucas too....

Reactions: oviking99
Oviking99""
i passed on the camera because the Miss said I couldn't unless it would work like I wanted it to- and the missing ingredient would be a lens which I thought to find a 16mm- figured I'd catch up on some gimbal research and get one down to best suit the project-
Thanks for sharing- that's great!

The lens in the last video is the Oly body cap lens. Also the leg extensions are kids Crayola marking pens. ;-)

Reactions: CAMXPOSURE
Guess we'll just take what the Chinese sell us and be happy. Just throw money at it and anybody can fly.
Yeah I hear ya I'm old school myself...and like tinkering with stuff
Beware of loud volume

Here is a brief test dialing in the PID'S on the 3DR-Solo-Tarot-650-Sport.
This quad scared the be-Jesus out of me (notice how I'm cowering behind the steel patio set sweating shaking dry mouth and stuff) I dread test flights those spinning Carbon fiber blades of death had me on edge. Anyway I had just mounted the "HERE" GPS unit for a test and it functioned flawlessly locking in around 21 satellites on average. It worked well I landed it and was able to fly it another day. Until it landed 80 feet up in a tree, that quad is now this...

Solo-ArduRover-1 no more climbing trees to recover and best of all it's no longer a flying cuisinart.... Introduction to Rover — Rover documentation
IMG_20171104_184108.jpg

Last edited:
I come from an rc hobby when we scratch built our craft. Hey look Youtube has a volume control! God forbid we tinker with our hobby these days. Guess we'll just take what the Chinese sell us and be happy. Just throw money at it and anybody can fly. Glad to be old school. Yep that's my video. And this one,

The hobby is big enough for everyone...folks who want plug-and-play, and those who want to tinker...I'm part of both groups.

Nice work with the Walkera.

--

Bill

Hey, I've got an old working 8MM camera, pretty sure if I taped it to the solo .........

No need, just do what this guy did..
sy8oyw.jpg

Yeah I hear ya I'm old school myself...and like tinkering with stuff
Beware of loud volume

Here is a brief test dialing in the PID'S on the 3DR-Solo-Tarot-650-Sport.
This quad scared the be-Jesus out of me (notice how I'm cowering behind the steel patio set sweating shaking dry mouth and stuff) I dread test flights those spinning Carbon fiber blades of death had me on edge. Anyway I had just mounted the "HERE" GPS unit for a test and it functioned flawlessly locking in around 21 satellites on average. It worked well I landed it and was able to fly it another day. Until it landed 80 feet up in a tree, that quad is now this...

Solo-ArduRover-1 no more climbing trees to recover and best of all it's no longer a flying cuisinart.... Introduction to Rover — Rover documentation
View attachment 7683
Great stuff! I'm building a modified Tarot Sport running Rctimer 5010 360kv, 17.5 inch and Solo brain with battery too. How did you handle the voltage to the 5v escs? I have been told it would not work without a level shifter. Thanks!

Well now that GoPro has a taste of Karma - maybe some units will come into play like the runcam3 they tried to boot off the market- now what is we gonna do with inflated GoPro prices if so

How did you handle the voltage to the 5v escs?
No need to, I used aftermarket ESC'S Not prone to brownouts like the stock Solo ESC'S remember the ESC/hardware was the problem not the software/firmware it was just watered down so it didn't ass-plode the stock Solo ESC. I also ran a modified version of Arducopter no slew rate limiter. Thanks to Matt's aka @Pedals2Paddles hard work..

Last edited:
No need to, I used aftermarket ESC'S Not prone to brownouts like the stock Solo ESC'S remember the ESC/hardware was the problem not the software/firmware it was just watered down so it didn't ass-plode the stock Solo ESC. I also ran a modified version of Arducopter no slew rate limiter. Thanks to Matt's aka @Pedals2Paddles hard work..
Thanks for the info. Good to know. I'm running Hobbywing opto 40A esc's.

Mine were off the shelf Emax 40amp ESC'S flashed with SimonK firmware. worked great but I had an issue with the Pixhawk's IMU going wonky on me, every now and then it would send the quad into a uncontrollable yaw spin. It's now grounded and I installed the mainboard on the solo-ardurover where it functions flawlessly..

Last edited:
Mine were off the shelf Emax 40amp ESC'S flashed with SimonK firmware. worked great but I had an issue with the Pixhawk's IMU going wonky on me, every now and then it would send the quad into a uncontrollable yaw spin. It's now grounded and I installed the mainboard on the solo-ardurover where it functions flawlessly..
Interesting. I have not checked the voltage output from Solo to it's stock escs. For some reason I thought it was only a 3.3v pwm signal out, that's why the question of the 5v escs. I don't know why that would cause a wonky imu though. I have seen other posts of the same thing happening with control as you. Almost makes me want to use a Pixhawk IMX6 and forget the Solo's brain transplant. I'd hate to loose an expensive camera and gimbal.

The mainboard Pixhawk's IMU was faulty nothing to do with the ESC'S,
Also 3.3v PWM signal is correct and will work fine with your esc's..

The Pixhawk-2 as well as the new Pixhawk-2.1 is normally 3.3 volts, a modified version "i.e. a Greencube version" is 5 volts to get around the hardware issue of the stock Solo ESC's brownout problem.

Also a spektrum receiver puts out only 3.3 volts...

"Spektrum receivers output 3.3V or 3.0V voltage levels, as they are well above 2.4V. PX4 has adopted this common industry pattern and outputs 3.3V levels on recent boards".

See this post https://3drpilots.com/threads/what-...-voltage-on-the-stock-cube.10935/#post-113487
And this one https://3drpilots.com/threads/what-...-voltage-on-the-stock-cube.10935/#post-114237

Last edited:
The mainboard Pixhawk's IMU was faulty nothing to do with the ESC'S,
Also 3.3v PWM signal is correct and will work fine with your esc's..

The Pixhawk-2 as well as the new Pixhawk-2.1 is normally 3.3 volts, a modified version "i.e. a Greencube version" is 5 volts to get around the hardware issue of the stock Solo ESC's brownout problem.

Also a spektrum receiver puts out only 3.3 volts...

"Spektrum receivers output 3.3V or 3.0V voltage levels, as they are well above 2.4V. PX4 has adopted this common industry pattern and outputs 3.3V levels on recent boards".

See this post https://3drpilots.com/threads/what-...-voltage-on-the-stock-cube.10935/#post-113487
And this one https://3drpilots.com/threads/what-...-voltage-on-the-stock-cube.10935/#post-114237
Thanks again for the good info!

Reactions: XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M